Borland Delphi 5

charliew_aus

I have some old legacy programs developed with Borland Delphi 5. One is in daily use, the rest havent been run for many years.

Today when I tried to run the usual one I found it was not there, it had been quarantined by Malware bytes, along with all the other programs developed using Delphi5, along with one of the packages used by Delphi5, "vclbde50.bpl". The infection was reported as 'Trojan.Utanioz'.

I reinstalled Delphi5 from the CD, and rebuilt the program, but Malware bytes immediatly quarantined it again. I believe Malware bytes may be picking these files up as a false positive.

I have added the file to ignore list, and tried to attach it to this message, but was unable to. The reason given was: "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file". It is an executable file.

Thanks,

Charlie

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi,

Can you post the malwarebytes developers log here:

Click the Start Menu.
Click Run.
Type in "mbam.exe /developer", without the quotes.
Run the same type of scan you did before and save the logfile and post it.
Additionally, please attach the file with your post. Make sure it is in ZIP or RAR format.

And/or attach the file that was detected? This so we know what to fix. Without any files or developer log, it's impossible for us to know what exact definition is causing this.

Thanks!