Fake support page?

Murat

After being directed Malwarebytes from a Dell forum, I loaded the program with some difficulty and then tried to use it to scan. Well, it failed to launch. So went to a help desk, which made me register and then I was able to submit my problem and get a ticket. While moving around, I realized that there was almost no activity in this so-called forum: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/forums/27522/entries. Last entry is three months old. It looks different and update was in 2008. Then later when I found this Forum page and tried to log in, my log in was not recognized. This led me to suspect if the above link is a fake or just way too old. Hope I just did not open my soul to a real malware!

What is going on here?

Some days, I wish I were on an island, without cable, phone, tv, or any electronic gadget or access to any electronic media!

Murat

After being directed Malwarebytes from a Dell forum, I loaded the program with some difficulty and then tried to use it to scan. Well, it failed to launch. So went to a help desk, which made me register and then I was able to submit my problem and get a ticket. While moving around, I realized that there was almost no activity in this so-called forum: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/forums/27522/entries. Last entry is three months old. It looks different and update was in 2008. Then later when I found this Forum page and tried to log in, my log in was not recognized. This led me to suspect if the above link is a fake or just way too old. Hope I just did not open my soul to a real malware!

What is going on here?

Murat

Well, I actually got a reply to my ticket, so it works! I am elated! Not sure why the above page looks so dead and outdated though.

Murat