Cannot update

I have Malwarebytes free version set up from V1.75.0.1300.exe.

It installs OK, updates and allows scans to take place. Opening thereafter, the update panel shows that the "current database version" has reverted to zero. The date is 01/01/1601 01.00.00. The database version is V0.00.00.00 and the fingerprints loaded are 0. Checking for updates it tells me I have the latest version.

I have reinstalled a number of times and it continuous to do this, often after I have connected to the internet.

Any suggestions how I can preserve my database and update it without loosing it all and having to reinstall?

Thanks

Hello and :welcome:

Sorry your having issues with Malwarebytes.... please provide the logs below so someone can review them and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Please run the tools below and ATTACH (do not copy and paste) the logs so someone can better assist you.

Please post an mbam-check log:

Create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next reply
Next:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stanleyintel -

Please try the following and do not accept the Free Trial Version for now -

MBAM Clean Removal Process

Your logs only show minor infections that can be cleaned.

Follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A qualified helper will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thank You -

Hi,

Sorry you are still having trouble.

Sometimes malware and other problems can prevent MBAM from installing and working correctly.

We can't do the in-depth scanning and troubleshooting for this in this particular section of the forum.

So, until noknojon returns or one of the staff has a chance to weigh in, I would suggest that you please follow his recommendations in his earlier reply, as described here: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you for free through the cleanup process and will assist you with getting MBAM working properly on your system.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1