Malwarebytes detected as trojan by Kaspersky

Hello,

today i reinstalled windows and installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 first and then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from a cd which only contains the installer and was used at least 10 times without problems). During the installation of Malwarebyte, Kaspersky picked up a trojan. After the installation was complete, Malwarebytes updated itself as usually and reinstalled the updated version. During this Kaspersky found again a trojan.

Normally i would say that this is a false positive but Kaspersky usually never picks up a trojan during the installation of Malwarebytes. Later i installed Kaspersky and Malwarebytes on a virtual machine and everything was fine, no trojan was detected there. This worries me cause this isnt a regular pick up by Kaspersky apparently.

Here is what Kaspersky found:

HEUR:Trojan-DOwnloader.Win32.Generic

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Chameleon\is-1KJ0O.tmp

So is this a false positive that Kaspersky found apparently only this time or do i need to worry?

Regards

Raidr

Hi:

Thanks for reporting -- in order for the MBAM research team to see this promptly, you might want to report this (with the VT report and the zipped file, if you have it), over in the False Positives section >>HERE<<?

EDIT: OOPS! My bad! This is actually a possible False Positive by KIS for an MBAM file. So, you might want to report it instead to Kaspersky?

https://my.kaspersky.com/en/

Thanks!

daledoc1

P.S. I've run KIS2013 and MBAM PRO without such a detection on 3 different rigs (although I've never run Chameleon), so I suspect this might turn out to be a false positive. The research engineers will be able to tell for sure.