How does Malwarebytes ACTUALLY work?

Tazzy

I was just curious how malware bytes works? As in how does it detected all of these Malicious Files? Granted I know about Heuristics, Signature scanning etc... But does Malwarebytes even use those methods? And what methods does it use to detect Malcious Registry Items?

Just something I was curious about :)

Hi, Tazzy:

Well, I'm afraid that the information you seek is proprietary and carefully guarded for security reasons.

They will correct me if I am wrong, but I seriously doubt that the MBAM folks will be able to answer your questions with any sort of detail.

Posting that sort of information in public would be analogous to telling the bad guys how to break into a mansion to steal all the treasures, no?

Thanks for your interest, though. :)

daledoc1

Hi, Tazzy:

Well, I'm afraid that the information you seek is proprietary and carefully guarded for security reasons.

They will correct me if I am wrong, but I seriously doubt that the MBAM folks will be able to answer your questions with any sort of detail.

Posting that sort of information in public would be analogous to telling the bad guys how to break into a mansion to steal all the treasures, no?

Thanks for your interest, though. :)

daledoc1

I wouldn't think saying how it worked as in what methods it uses would be dangerous. I'm not asking in exact detail what there Encryption/Obfuscation methods are. I was just curious how the basics of it's (Detections) work. Like I stated above: Signature scanning and Heuristics.. I was just curious if MalwareBytes uses these methods or if they were Obsolete or if there was even a newer type of "Detection Method". Just saying "My Anti-Virus protects users with Heuristics" Isn't going to tell the bad guys how to "steal the treasure" .. This question was asked on the avast forums. And as you could imagine they didn't state in exact detail on what they used as far as Encryption and things like that go but, They use things such as what I stated above, Signature/Algorithm scanning along with Heuristics and other Miscellaneous methods.

I hope this clears up my question a bit more? :)