Server IP: 93.174.93.164

sonicvip

hi there :)

ok i will give you as much info as i can basicaly i have made a website for myself which i use to run a small independent classic car restoration company now i have done my foundations of website so im all good now i will like most people make additions like add content but it is how im wanting it for contact and to give customers information about what i can do , what i am about and where im based ....

now i have had a few customers that run malwarebytes anti - virus software saying that it has been blocking them ie its not a trusted website to view i have been doing some research and found its a false positive and i need to post in here with as much info ....

now the homepage which is index.html but full url is here ------>> http://www.pheonix-classic-restorations.co.uk/index.html this is where staight away it starts malwarebytes stops them from this point :( its a website i have made in my software called web accapella a frenach company i belive but could be wrong i used it to code the whole website and published it to my server which is hosted with biohost

MY Server IP: 93.174.93.164

i hope i have given you all the info thats needed , also its a uk based customer/ owner me that is .

kind regards

robert whitton

ceo of Pheonix Classic Restorations

also used this link to gain a report http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.pheonix-classic-restorations.co.uk/index.html   Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for www.pheonix-classic-restorations.co.uk

What is the current listing status for www.pheonix-classic-restorations.co.uk?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Google has not visited this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.pheonix-classic-restorations.co.uk did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Fill me in please moderators.  You simply state it isn't a F/P and not related to his site.  The link he posted was a direct link to his site, to his index page..  Are you stating that Malwarebytes is not responsible for the block (not related?) or what?  Your response makes zero sense.  The name of his site is the actual name of his business.  Is Malwarebytes recognizing malicious software on his web page?  Is the domain he is listed in a threat? What is the reason for his block?

The reason for the block is multiple malicious domains on the same IP as his site. Ordinarily shared IPs are not blacklisted until either the number of malicious sites outweighs non-malicious and/or the host is unresponsive. In this case, it is the former.

so as a legit bussiness owner i and my customers get punished just !! because of my ip address although all my site files are clean and uptodate i can list a bunch of other site domains on the same ip range and yet that still does not help

very odd can you shed some more light and give me three good reasons i cannot be treated as a legit and leagl domain / website and if you can i wish to try to work around this and what if i have paid a years hosting up front ? and still get punished ?

kind regards

robert

Sorry for  the delay.

The issue is not with your site, nor has it ever been. Instead, it is with the other customers on your sites IP, and your hosts failure to remove said customers.

As a UK business, I'm afraid, choosing a Netherlands based host was a very poor decision, with all due respect. As mentioned, I'd strongly urge you move elsewhere.

and what if i have paid for a year ? and i dont care where im hosted surely i have consumer rights thats like me saying your cars bad you aint gonna have a mot due to you using pattern parts it is what it is and if its safe then what !!!! is the problem i feel we need to rack up the chatter on this so maybe a facebook campaign on how this sofware is punishing bussiness :) sorry to be harsh just i feel ii have no control over my website and it is not any of our fault :( so so let down here i have had confrmation as well a bunch of my customers i have explained it to will unistall software as they feel let down also and its not serving any purpose at all

so let down its unreal

regards

robert

time to spread the word instal nanny sofware at your own risk

Contrary to popular belief, I do not like blocking IPs. I only do so when I have to, as I have to put our users first.

Had this only been due to small number of incidents, it would not have been blocked, and the same goes for if the host responsible, had responded to and actioned, the abuse reports. Similarly, had your IP been dedicated instead of shared, it would not have been blocked.

Unfortunately, whilst I appreciate the frustration, had you paid for a year, this would still be something you would need to take up with your host as I must still put the protection of our users first.

I must note, this is also not the first time this IP has had malicious content present. As previously mentioned and with all due respect, as an apparent UK company, choosing a non-UK host was a poor decision, I would further urge you choose an alternate host (it is worth noting, there are alternates available, including free hosting companies that you could use until a permanent host was chosen*).

* To prevent accusations of conflict of interest, I can not provide recommendations for alternate hosts.

the feedback im getting is very good so proof is in the pudding

in regards to my hosting it does not matter where i have it hosted uk or not in my opinion i have had a better customer support with non uk providers so if you way up the pros and cons very gd support apose to i will anser you when and if im ready support from uk as a customer spending money what would you do i know what i would do and if all else fails i will buy my own dedicated server it still aint gonna be uk as uk tech support as i have experienced is rubbish give me a nederlands company any day there very pro at there jobs good work ethos need i say more i am free to use what ever service i like but word of mouth on the net speaks loud !!! is all i will say and i will add up a cert link to all supporting anti virus that help me and my bussiness i feel i have to do that to protect my customers from being filtered bad ips cannot do nothing if you have the know how and any that dont should not be on the net 1 click appz and anti spy software they in bed with so many people no wonder we getting filtered

Thank you for the explanation Mystery.  I was only trying to get a better explanation.

I have been a power user on computers since the early 80's.  Malicious software has been around since the beginning of the internet and I can manually remove most of it without help from anti-virus software.  Malwarebytes is taking the best approach in my opinion to stopping their customers from encountering malicious content.  Very few people are aware of what an IP really is.  In order for any computer to access any content on the internet it needs to allow control of it's self to the site it is visiting, Terminal Control Protocol. In order for it to correctly address what it is visiting it needs to establish a reference, Internet Protocol.  If the IP is infected already.... 

I am unaware of the reliability of U.K. vs. Nederland hosts but, considering that MWB has found that the host of your site, Sonic, has heavy virus content, IMO that is not a reliable provider, and even less so if they refuse to work with anti-virus companies.  It would be a wonder if their servers themselves were not infected and in turn, are using your website as a gateway.  Even if you check your code every day, if someone has hacked the IP, they can hide malicious content on your file server without you even knowing it.  I am sure you would agree that the last thing you want to hear is that a customer is spreading the news that your site gave them a virus that robbed them of their bank account....  As a customer, you do have rights.  MWB is not the responsible party though, your provider is.  If they have, as you say, good support, then I suggest you get on the horn with them and demand that they take care of their virus issues, or get your money back and move your site to another, more reliable, host.

cheers for that and very well written :) i will see what response i get from my host and if it gets corrected :) then all good but if not then i will host it myself on my own dedicated server that way  I AM THE ONE IN CONTROL rather than myself and provider and anti virus software telling me how it will run and work and who gets trusted if i have my own there is no way !!!! and i mean no way !!! anyone can tell me its untrusted as i have full control but thats worst case if i have to go down that route which i hope i dont .

but i also want malwarebytes to help work with all these hosts as a bad ip can be blacklisted full stop and who says for how long ??? lot of question marks but i hope its as easy to remove bad ips as it is to add them to blacklist :) and im sure most would agree stuff happens then it evolves and other ips get used so a issue to be monitoted all the time and updates issued :)

kind regards

robert

Thank you for the explanation Mystery.  I was only trying to get a better explanation.

I have been a power user on computers since the early 80's.  Malicious software has been around since the beginning of the internet and I can manually remove most of it without help from anti-virus software.  Malwarebytes is taking the best approach in my opinion to stopping their customers from encountering malicious content.  Very few people are aware of what an IP really is.  In order for any computer to access any content on the internet it needs to allow control of it's self to the site it is visiting, Terminal Control Protocol. In order for it to correctly address what it is visiting it needs to establish a reference, Internet Protocol.  If the IP is infected already.... 

I am unaware of the reliability of U.K. vs. Nederland hosts but, considering that MWB has found that the host of your site, Sonic, has heavy virus content, IMO that is not a reliable provider, and even less so if they refuse to work with anti-virus companies.  It would be a wonder if their servers themselves were not infected and in turn, are using your website as a gateway.  Even if you check your code every day, if someone has hacked the IP, they can hide malicious content on your file server without you even knowing it.  I am sure you would agree that the last thing you want to hear is that a customer is spreading the news that your site gave them a virus that robbed them of their bank account....  As a customer, you do have rights.  MWB is not the responsible party though, your provider is.  If they have, as you say, good support, then I suggest you get on the horn with them and demand that they take care of their virus issues, or get your money back and move your site to another, more reliable, host.

No problem at all.

cheers for that and very well written :) i will see what response i get from my host and if it gets corrected :) then all good but if not then i will host it myself on my own dedicated server that way  I AM THE ONE IN CONTROL rather than myself and provider and anti virus software telling me how it will run and work and who gets trusted if i have my own there is no way !!!! and i mean no way !!! anyone can tell me its untrusted as i have full control but thats worst case if i have to go down that route which i hope i dont .

but i also want malwarebytes to help work with all these hosts as a bad ip can be blacklisted full stop and who says for how long ??? lot of question marks but i hope its as easy to remove bad ips as it is to add them to blacklist :) and im sure most would agree stuff happens then it evolves and other ips get used so a issue to be monitoted all the time and updates issued :)

kind regards

robert

Sorry for the delay. I actually do work with hosts, registrars and ASNs to clean up malicious content, where such is possible. However, I also have issues with a lot of hosts (some UK based, others elsewhere), failing to respond to or action, abuse reports, and in those cases, blocks must be put into place until this changes.

With respect to unblocking IPs, this is done when malicious content is removed.

thank you for the reply @ MysteryFCM

i rekon the best thing todo is i will move the files and aim domain at a dedicated server i will come back with new ip to be sure its all been checked over within next 24- 48 hours to allow for it to propergate and settle back down it will be a server based in france this time as i have access to one there which i know is all ok and no bad issues ;) as its been online for 2 years and nothing but good stuff on there so hopefully you can help settle things back down at your end with new info and ip provided i just want a hassle free life and this has been a headache and nothing but trouble from day one so fingers crossed ;) and we get the green from not just yourself but other anti - v i do like things runing smooth as they should.

speak soon

robert

hi ya

ok i have moved my domain its aimed at ip : 94.23.210.199  now , which is a ovh dedicated  server please can you check it over i hope all should be fine for requirements & settled :) and if there is anything else i need todo please advise but i know 100% that ip and server is good .

i used clean files that i had on my pc and re installed my forum only two things i used from old server was my sql backup for forums and the config.php file so everything else is deleted off old server that i opened this thread up with and the old ip will now have nothing todo with my website ;)

so all being good my bussiness website should pass all checks and no longer be related to any issues and fingers crossed your anti - virus software should now allow my customers to view the website

kind regards

robert

Thank you for letting me know. I've checked your site and the new IP, and there are no issues.

many thanks for you help in correcting this

In an instance like this would adding a dedicated IP address to the original account serve the same purpose as moving it to a new host?

im pretty sure it will still be in the ip range which in most cases would still effect the website in question due to postion in server rack but if the ip is ok then yes it would help but getting a good ip within the bad destination is very hard i would guess i could be wrong tho