Favorite TV shows? (Part 2)

ShyWriter

Favorite TV shows? (Part 2)

( Continuation of Topic # http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=130904 )

Just found the original HOUSE OF CARDS series from across the pond in 1990 on Netflix.. The politics are similar but the solutions have more "dirty tricks" and "wickedness" than the US version of 2013..

Just finished Season One of the original and WOW.. what a difference.. On Season Two right now.. looking good..

PS: If you aren't a member of the MORK AND MINDY or the JONATHAN WINTERS group, age-wise, this probably won't appeal even though H of C isn't comedic.. If I have to explain that, nevermind.. :)

Steve

I'm anxious to see a US season two of our version of HOUSE OF CARDS as I enjoy the actors.. and these kinds of politics (US and BBC versions) are the kind that I enjoy as opposed to the everyday horse-pucky stuff that's in the newspaper.

Hmmmmmmm, I might just have to take the plunge with Netflix.

(No, I'm not an "early adopter". :D )

So, "whodunnit" on Broadchurch?

If you really know, please don't spill the beans.

My guess:

It's the Priest (but there are others involved).
And it was something truly heinous with the young boys.

.Just a hint on Season One of the 1990 version of HOUSE OF CARDS.. If you haven't decided it's worth the time after seeing the first few episodes, the last FIVE minutes of Season One where the wanna be PM and the "I love you Daddy" reporter are on the the roof garden of the House of Commons will hook you..

I won't post a spoiler here; you just have to rely on my trustworthiness.. It does make "who shot J.R." a cartoon by comparison. (And I hated that whole series - JR should have stayed in the bottle with Jeanie. ;) )

Steve

Nope, this LUTHER. :D

Continues tonight, tomorrow and Friday.

Let's see a show of hands of how many viewers can't wait to see Luther shove a size 13 brogan up that obnoxious, called-from-retirement, ex-DCI's sunless orifice. (The @ that's trying to prove Luther operates way out of bounds and wants to hang him for it?)  Gggrrrrr...

Steve

Hmmmmmmm, I might just have to take the plunge with Netflix.

(No, I'm not an "early adopter". :D )

So, "whodunnit" on Broadchurch?

In spite of my reputation ( ;)) I usually have a bit more patience, at least with British TV, but BROADCHURCH lost me two weeks ago... too darned slow..

Steve

@DD You can get a 30 day FREE trial on Netflix and that's more than enough to watch all 12 episodes of the original HOUSE OF CARDS..

Edited by ShyWriter

Thanks for the tip about 30-day trial -- I just might have to slide down the slippery slope. :)

SOOOOOOOO, was that not CREEPY/SCARY on Luther last night?!?!?

Tonight should be wild.

(I guess you and I are the only two fans here?)

Yeah, Broadchurch reminds me of AMC's "The Killing" -- paced too slowly for some tastes, but very well written and very well acted (and awesome scenery).

I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up being the vicar, but there's something "off" about the woman in the trailer and the hubby's buddy.

Definitely still worth watching, IMHO.