Whenever I plan to start a full scan on my laptop I always perform an update.  Now today I did my usual routine and during the full scan as I was on chrome the Malwarebytes scan popped up in front of my chrome window.  This didn't happen a couple of days ago when I did a full scan either and I couldn't switch the focus to Chrome again, it just stayed in the front of the desktop.  I stopped the scan and restarted it and once again the same thing happened, so I don't know if the update messed up the focus or if it's a virus..  I checked to see if I'm able to access my task manager( which I'm able to) and if I can minimize the scan(which I'm also able to).  I'm hoping this is just an update glitch because it's never happened to me before and not a virus.  Anyone else having this issue or and advice on what I should do to fix it, please and thank you. By they way I haven't had any objects detected during these scans.

• Root Admin

Focus issues are very common and can be caused by various things.  I would at minimum restart the computer and it should probably correct it.

If it is an ongoing issue though then let us know and we can check a few logs to possibly see what else might be going on.

• Root Admin

Well you really have not posted what I would consider much of a problem.  There are probably millions of topics about lost focus if you search the Internet for various Windows issues.

There certainly is no harm in doing a clean removal tough if you like - it will make sure you have all the latest files and remove any old ones.

MBAM Clean Removal Process

Thank you. As soon as I finish scanning with my antivirus I will restart my laptop and follow through with what you said and see if it continues. If it does I will do a clean removal.  If the problem continues I'll reply back to this topic and thank you for the advice up till now.