PUP

TheMalwareIsGone

I had the same thing happen to me today - first time it has ever happened. I guess due to MBAM's new policy to go after PUP programs - which I had not heard of before and when I saw it, did not realize that was what the alert referred to - I thought there might be an infection. Scans completed with other programs confirmed there was not. MBAM listed this DVD which you can install to your computer as a PUP:

http://www.ntis.gov/products/irsdvd.aspx

It is the 2012 IRS DVD that tax professionals use in their practices. Here's the log entry: Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\2012 IRS Tax Products DVD Final Release (PUP.Optional.Surf) -> No action taken. [7e23acd8bfade353bbb375d617ea6d93]

MBAM may want to remove this program from their list. In addition, I'd recommend that MBAM explain a bit more on their results page, what a PUP refers to.

Cheers and thanks for making a great program!