Strange windows xp issue.

fivealive

To start off with I am not actually sure if its an issue or not, but I do think its strange. One of the computers in the house (not mine) has windows xp pro on it, I went to update windows on it, when I tried to get the updater to open it was taking forever so I opened task manger to see if it was a process in the way. Anyway in short, I noticed multiple processes running twice, for instance: explorer.exe , mbamgui.exe , winlogon.exe and a couple of other ones.

I have no idea what this means. but I was wondering what I should do if anything.

Reboot and examine again.

Figured it out, when I told it to reboot, it mentioned another account was logged in, logging off that account instead of using switch user removed the extra processes. I feel kind of stupid I didn't think about the other account, but I didn't know someone was using it (turns out my sister was here using the computer).

I also was not aware that windows duplicated the processes for the other account's that are left running.

/Fivealive