Immunization

mrgigabyte

• Root Admin

Download HostsXpert from http://www.funkytoad.com/download/HostsXpert.zip

Unzip it and run the executable. Under the editing tools label, the first button should say 'Make hosts writable'. Click that button. Now it should say 'Make hosts readable'. That is what it should be set to. If it already was, let me know. Try immunizing and restarting now.

hi rubberduckly and everyone else thats been helping me out i got great news i figure it out it is spyblocker when i uninstalled spyblocker i can reboot log off and pro stays Immunization now is there a work around this because i have had spyblocker for a long time and i really like it takes care of the bad things i think you know what spyblocker. i am going to see what they say in there forums also i know that there in the host file protecting it but counter spy does that anyways if there was a program like spyblocker that plays good with i would be willing to try it out or maybe you can figure this out and get back to me so i could use spyblocker also for know i am leaving it out the funny thing is i do still have it in my new machine and i did everything riubberduckly ask me to do and that machane is ok thanks again mrgigabyte :)

hi rubberduckly

i am still having the problem on my second machine the thing i dont understand is on my new and my brothers machine we did what you said to do shut off and restart and that work but in my second machine that does not unlesi uninstalled spyblocker i would like to know what program is like spyblocker and plays nice with pro thanks mrgigabyte :)

hi rubberduckly thanks for the reply i really dont new Spybot because i have counterspy and sas what do you think about admuncher it does things like spyblocker

thanks mrgigabyte p.s i did try your startup lite on my two machines and love it already told a few friends about it and there going to give it try also have a great day :)

hi rubber duckly i wanted to tell you i am all set i pick ad muncher and it plays very well with pro no more problems at all i would like to know through right now the host file is set to write so if pro writes to host file counterspy tells me and then i tell it yes its ok to change the host is that ok because early posts from you were saying to have it read only could you please replay to this quesion because i do trust your judgement thanks mrgigabyte :)