Upcoming Generation Z

AdvancedSetup

There are a lot of complaints about the Generation Y but if Y followed X then one has to assume Z is next.

Perhaps this sums up the upcoming Generation Z

I think we're already there -- I encounter these folks every day, even at work.

Annoys the h#ck out of an old geezer like me.

Is anyone working to develop a discreet, pocket-size smartphone/tablet/iPod zapper?

(Tasers are highly effective, but can be dangerous. :P )

Is anyone working to develop a discreet, pocket-size smartphone/tablet/iPod zapper?

I don't know about an actual working phone that also works to shock people but, I do know that they do have tasers that look like smart phones and stuff, the Canadian border confiscates any that it finds in packages shipping to Canada(only reason I actually know they exist, TV show about the Canadian border and the mail searches they do).

Hi, fivealive: :)

I don't know about an actual working phone that also works to shock people but, I do know that they do have tasers that look like smart phones and stuff, the Canadian border confiscates any that it finds in packages shipping to Canada(only reason I actually know they exist, TV show about the Canadian border and the mail searches they do).

Actually, I was referring to an anti-smartphone/anti-tablet/anti-iPod device that I could use to ZAP the self-absorbed individuals who can't tear themselves away from their electronics. ;)

(And I was being tongue-in-cheek. :D )

Hi, fivealive: :)

Actually, I was referring to an anti-smartphone/anti-tablet/anti-iPod device that I could use to ZAP the self-absorbed individuals who can't tear themselves away from their electronics. ;)

(And I was being tongue-in-cheek. :D )

Oh, I knew you was being a smart ass that much I got, just not How.

Still that is a good idea, Seen people like that drives me nuts, your talking to them and they ignoring you taping away at some device( could probably use a good zap my self at times :D )

heh ...

there is a young fellow i mentor .

(/me waits for laughter to die down)

on one particular occasion i was talking with him about an in-depth subject (women always are) .

his cell phone went off three times in rapid succession .

after he terminated the third call i told him that it was extremely rude and inconsiderate to not remained fully focused on a serious conversation .

he got the hint and started to turn his phone off ...

at which point i added :

"if it goes off again while we are having a conversation i will demonstrate upon your person that your phone is actually a disguised suppository"

since then he has always made it a point to turn off his phone when we engage in a "serious conversation" .

:lol:

heh ...

there is a young fellow i mentor .

(/me waits for laughter to die down)

on one particular occasion i was talking with him about an in-depth subject (women always are) .

his cell phone went off three times in rapid succession .

after he terminated the third call i told him that it was extremely rude and inconsiderate to not remained fully focused on a serious conversation .

he got the hint and started to turn his phone off ...

at which point i added :

"if it goes off again while we are having a conversation i will demonstrate upon your person that your phone is actually a disguised suppository"

since then he has always made it a point to turn off his phone when we engage in a "serious conversation" .

:lol:

I would turn the phone off too, any sane person would.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Cell and Smart Phones - Sanity goes out the window.

A quote from the movie Larry Crowne., by Professor Matsutani (played by Star Trek's George Takei)

"They call them Smart Phones, but only dummies use them in my class"

My take.  When someone picks up a Smart Phone they get and act stupid.

a swept/pulsed rf noise generator designed for the frequency ranges of interest , with about 100mW of output , should do the trick short range .

it could be about the size of a pack of camel straight pipes .

(this subject has been broached to me by a few teachers)

here is a table to help one figure out what is where :

http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf

the most current chart i could find is from 2003 !

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/2003-allochrt.pdf

(suitable for wallpapering your bathroom)

yep , there are a lot of idiots out there that do interfere with "life and limb" and other emergency/protective services .

i have helped track down a few .

An EXCELLENT idea :P