Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition "hangs" PCs

We purchased 1450 MEE licenses months ago and we haven't been able to deploy them due to a major problem, MEE causes the PCs to "hang" sometimes several times a day, I open a ticket with support and finally they told me to upgrade to the latest client MEE 1.75.0.1300 which did not solved the problem. The event viewer log is below.

Please Help

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: ServiceHang

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: SCCommService

P2: SCComm.exe"

P3: 0.0.0.0

P4: 10

P5: 2

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_SCCommService_198c993788611b6d57ea8ad613b9155a956bdb0_0f85b7ba

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0392a5bd-f4c1-11e2-b4e7-bc305bba4c1f

Report Status: 4

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your issue with Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition. We are currently looking into your issue and there will be a ticket created on your behalf in our Support Ticketing System.

You can always submit tickets to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org or Log into our Ticketing system http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.com/login

From there you will be able to track and respond to our Support Staff.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has there been any resolution to this issue?  I am also having this problem, particularly at remote branch locations.  Intermittently, systems just hang and become completely unresponsive.  Mbamservice shows it using over 200k of the RAM, but ending that process does not help.  Also, Website Blocking on these PC's is disabled and immediately disables itself when you try to turn it on manually.

Hello,

This is typically a result of contention between the MEE client software and other software which also launches on login/startup. The issue may be able to be handled by setting exclusions in MEE as well as on the other software application involved.

Please try changing the MEEClientService service to delayed startup.

On Windows Vista/7, go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. On Windows 8, type Services, click Settings, and select View Local Services from the list provided. Select MEEClientService, right-click to view Properties, and change Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Please let us know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Fernando

Product Support

Hello,

This is typically a result of contention between the MEE client software and other software which also launches on login/startup. The issue may be able to be handled by setting exclusions in MEE as well as on the other software application involved.

Please try changing the MEEClientService service to delayed startup.

On Windows Vista/7, go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. On Windows 8, type Services, click Settings, and select View Local Services from the list provided. Select MEEClientService, right-click to view Properties, and change Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Please let us know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Fernando

Product Support

We deploy through the admin interface, so do we need to go to each branch (around 300 computers over 8 branches) and change this or can we somehow push it out as delayed start as we are having the same problem. We did a push to a smaller branch of around 12 computers which is ran good on no slow logins or anything for 2 weeks then we deployed it to several branches and once those PC's rebooted our helpdesk was flooded with calls from branches saying it was taking 30 - 45 minutes to login and reach their desktop. We do have Vipre running and did exclude all the malwarebytes files and directories from viper as did we do the same with malwarebytes so the two would avoid each other at all costs however it did not seam to work but the odd thing is it ran fine on one branch for two weeks, it wasn't until we started deploying that we had major issues with it. 

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

What a terrible disapointment with the MEE, after years of good service with the Pro version, the MEE just did not perform as espected, the protection was there but the problems were just to many to deal with, and top pay for them. MEE support was not able to provide a effective solution just keep trying the automatic delayed startup. So we did not renew our 1450 licenses. As soon as we removed MEE from our PCs things were back to normal. upper management was not happy with the product and I was the person who reccomended it. MEE let me down.

Hi Alrueda,

We apologize for not being able to provide the solutions you needed.  If you like, I can review the cases you are referring to and see what I can piece together so we as a team can provide better support for the future. If you could provide the case numbers or send me a private message with your contact information so I can look up the cases, we would greatly appreciate it.  

Thank you. 

Not sure if this helps at all but we were having the same issue with MEE until we adjusted the policy we were pushing remotely. If you edit the policy and go to the protection settings tab, you will see the startup delay option. If you uncheck that box under advanced settings, it will make a huge difference! We had several users contact help desk in regards to delayed startup and hangs. We haven't experienced the issue since we made the adjustment to the policy, or at least nobody has made us aware of the issue.