Help remove undetectable virus (possible rootkit)

Okay, so I have a weird virus in my flash drive, or possibly just an error, either way I need help. What it's done is make files and folders inaccessible, (It says "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable) and created new folders and files with strange names and that have a size even bigger than is able to be fit into the drive. Nothing is able to be deleted or copied/cut and pasted. No virus scan or anything can detect any virus. I can provide more information if requested.
Here's a screenshot of the files, and I can take more screenshots if requested:
http://postimg.org/image/dguo61jah/

Luckily this is on my flash drive and not my C drive but I'll be checking there too just in case.

My main goal is to make these folders accessable again, the folders and files are shown as empty but the space is still taken up so it must be there somewhere. Everything on my other drives is okay, just not the flash drive.

These folders are important, and some have business work, I need help asap.

• Root Admin

Well those type of errors can potentially be difficult to impossible to fix depending on what's causing it.

Hopefully you have backups of this data as I cannot promise you that we'll be able to fix it.  Perhaps the computer you normally use is not affected but if this is not just data corruption (which it could be) then there is almost certainly a computer that is affected that this USB stick came into contact with.

For now please make sure that the system you have it plugged into is clean and running up to date antivirus and has it's data backed up.  If not then disconnect the USB stick and backup the data on the main computer before continuing.

Once the backup is done then put the USB stick back in and run the following from an elevated Admin DOS prompt.

CHKDSK F: /R

Then let that run against the USB stick and let me know if it comes back with any errors or what it says please.

Thanks

Well those type of errors can potentially be difficult to impossible to fix depending on what's causing it.

Hopefully you have backups of this data as I cannot promise you that we'll be able to fix it.  Perhaps the computer you normally use is not affected but if this is not just data corruption (which it could be) then there is almost certainly a computer that is affected that this USB stick came into contact with.

For now please make sure that the system you have it plugged into is clean and running up to date antivirus and has it's data backed up.  If not then disconnect the USB stick and backup the data on the main computer before continuing.

Once the backup is done then put the USB stick back in and run the following from an elevated Admin DOS prompt.

CHKDSK F: /R

Then let that run against the USB stick and let me know if it comes back with any errors or what it says please.

Thanks

Okay, it worked halfway. It fixed all the errors, however now the flash drive appears empty but the space is taken. There's about 2GB left of space, and I get this error when I try to recover the files: http://postimg.org/image/5nqyjgm8x/

I can't clear up any space if I don't have access to the files. Is there anything else to do? If I need more space, is there a way I could tell it to recover onto a different drive? Thank you very much so far, by the way.

• Root Admin

Try restarting the computer.  Then check the disk again when it starts up and see if you can access any of the files on there or not.

If you can then you can try to find one or more bigger files and try to move them to the main computer in a new folder.

Then run the disk check again.

Nope

Try restarting the computer.  Then check the disk again when it starts up and see if you can access any of the files on there or not.

If you can then you can try to find one or more bigger files and try to move them to the main computer in a new folder.

Then run the disk check again.

Nope, no files appearing, bleh.