Virus Support

Pallanon

Sorry about this but I have had it with nortons free from comcast.  What is the best virus protection that works great with Malwarebytes pro.  Dell site recommend System Mech pro as an antivirus/malware protector and I have had nothing but problems with it.  Adobe virus was download and the only thing that saved me was Malwarebytes as it had flagged it right away.  Was able to get the system back but Mech was no help, wanted me to pay a senior tech 199 bucks to help replace some vista exe file that was corrupt. (fixed it myself with a windows forum search) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you 

Pall

• Root Admin

No one that is really a professional technical support person that I know of would recommend System Mech pro, most recommend taking it off of your system.

The issue with Norton from Comcast is that it is a sub-set of Norton and not the full product.   There is nothing wrong with Norton antivirus and it is a good product but you may have other issues such as outdated or exploited code like Java or Adobe Flash, etc. or missing Windows updates.

I would suggest that you have one of the Experts here help you review your computer to make sure it is clean and is not running any old or outdated software that can help lead to an infection.  There is no fee and all help is provided for free, no purchase required.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks