How do you know if it is a false positive?

I have used malwarebytes for a long time and only recently am I getting what I THINK are a lot of false positives.

I am curious :

a) how do I determine what is a false positive and how do I keep malwarebytes from pointing out one that I am sure IS false?

b) if I am indeed getting false positives, why now? This is the same software I've had installed for months.

So here are some example jpg's of what I think are false positives.

*The first one I got was from Autorun Eater. I've used it for a long time, as I say, running alongside AntiMalware and only recently am I getting what I am about 99.9% sure is a false positive. I wrote AutoRun Eater about it and they assured me it is a false positive.

*The next ones I got are now coming every time I use UTorrent. I am using UTorrent 3.13.27xxx and I did update it from the older version recently so maybe that has something to do with it. But now every time I download a torrent I am getting various warnings whereas I've been using UTorrent for over a year and never had warnings like this before.

*The final one is re 4shared desktop and while I do have an account it isn't even running, unless it's running in the background somehow and I don't know about it.

So if anyone can enlighten me on this stuff please do. In the past I have used malwarebytes antimalware pro with no issues like this at all, and it's weird that suddenly I'm getting them. EIther I'm suddenly under attack (but haven't changed anything to my knowledge to cause that) or else MB is giving me false positives up the ying-yang. So which is it?

Thanks for your help in sorting this out!

post-140483-0-29894700-1375436191_thumb.

post-140483-0-72626300-1375436191_thumb.

post-140483-0-05116000-1375436192_thumb.

post-140483-0-35560400-1375436192_thumb.

post-140483-0-90381800-1375436192_thumb.

post-140483-0-20317500-1375436193_thumb.

Hello, seosoldier:

You ask many questions about many different features of MBAM PRO detection. :)

Here are some references to help explain them:

PUP detections:
PUP = Potentially Unwanted Program
What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats and should they be deleted?
Malwarebytes Adopts Aggressive PUP Policy
PUP.Optional listings and disputes

Blocking of Torrents & other P2P Programs:
Why does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware block BitTorrent or other Peer to Peer Clients?
Risks of File-Sharing Technology
P2P file sharing: Know the risks

IP Blocking Module:
What does it mean when I get an IP alert about blocking a 'malicious' site?
How do you determine when an IP\website is malicious?

False Positives - How to Report for Analysis by the Malwarebytes Engineers:
For possible file detection blocks False Positives, please follow the advice >>HERE<<, then start a new post with the requested info >>HERE<<.
For possible IP/website blocking False Positives, please follow the advice >>HERE<<, then start a new post with the requested info >>HERE<<.

Having said all of that, it may well be that you are infected with malware and/or adware/junkware/PUPs.
The staff & experts would need to see your MBAM logs (rather than screen shots) in order to help you.
Since you have many detections in those screen shots, it would probably be a good idea to have one of the malware experts run some scans and help to get you cleaned up.
>>>>>In order to do that, please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A qualified helper will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thanks,

daledoc1