Minecrafter

Is youtube-mp3.org Safe?

Hello, I just found out about youtube-mp3.org Its awesome been using for a day or so haven't run into any problems fast speed works fine, But I'm a little scared if it formatted my C: Drive, I'm easily paranoid. But I'm really scared What are your thoughts about it? -Minecrafter  

hmmm ...

if you are specifically talking about : "YouTube mp3 1.0.4"

it is available as an add-on in FF , listed by the name i gave above and can be found by the "add-on search" in FF .

it shows as being ok ... no red flags from ESET , WOT , trafficlight and the FF built in checker .

all my downloads are scanned as they "arrive" by ESET ... nothing shows up in the downloaded files , the same after completion .

as with all things of this nature ... i do not condone nor promote circumventing copyright/protection laws ... period .

(i have used this service in the past to download some archived mp3 audio files that have nothing to do with music)

there are many look/sound alike names/programs products ... a few (!) of them are not (-*ahem*-) "friendly" .

i cannot stress this point strongly enough .

(a couple of them open up flagged/blocked pages along with the "downloader page")

"I'm a little scared if it formatted my C: Drive, I'm easily paranoid. But I'm really scared"

it is a good idea to be paranoid ... especially when treading in unknown waters .

make darn sure that your AV and other security measures are up to speed and rescan each file after downloading .

I have Bit defender paid and Kaspersky I've never had troubles with both of them at once anyway, Thanks for the help I feel a lot better now!=)

youtube-mp3.org looks safe to me, except the ads, they are so intrusive.

I think there are a lot of kids around there that just click the ringtone maker button and get stuck with a monthly payment of €16  :angry2:

Personally i prefer the Firefox plugin or if that one is not available i like to use youtubemp3x

Hope this helps ^^

Yeah I use Firefox too, I have every AdBlock there is available for Firefox =) I never see ads on it.

Yes if its have secure type of url

This site is secure. You can use it.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed hyperlink to external site

Never heard of this website, but if it doesn't show weird redirect or ads that you can click by mistake, then it should be fine.