Malwarebytes Compatibility w/ Other Malware Software

EFD

I like Malwarebytes for scanning but am concerned about it's compatibility with other antimalware software that I have on my system. I have the freeware version of Malwarebytes donwloaded from CNETs site. I know it's compatible with Spybot S&D. But is there any conflict with the following: Ad-Aware AE, Spywareblaster, Comodo BOclean? And what about other utilities (i.e. AVG antivirus, Comodo firewall, CCleaner for cookies, history and temporary Internet files and Advanced SystemCare for occasional registry key cleaning)? Thank you.

Greetings EFD, I myself use Ccleaner, Spybot, Spywareblaster and Comodo BoClean and have had no incompatibilities to date. I've seen many users who had AVG and Comodo Personal Firewall and they used MBAM without issue. I also know of at least one user on this forum who uses Ad-Aware AE and he has reported no problems with MBAM either so I'd say you're pretty safe. In general MBAM is pretty great about getting along with other security software. The only issues I've seen that could be taken as incompatibilities would be with certain security programs (Norton in particular) that if not disabled while scanning with MBAM, would cause MBAM to either get stuck during it's full scan (which is largely unnecessary as the quick scan almost always finds the same things as the full scan) or it makes the full scan simply take much longer. However, with your current configuration you shouldn't even have to disable anything when you use MBAM.

I hope my long-winded reply answered your questions and concerns :( . If you need anything else please let us know.

Thanks.

Greetings EFD, I myself use Ccleaner, Spybot, Spywareblaster and Comodo BoClean and have had no incompatibilities to date. I've seen many users who had AVG and Comodo Personal Firewall and they used MBAM without issue. I also know of at least one user on this forum who uses Ad-Aware AE and he has reported no problems with MBAM either so I'd say you're pretty safe. In general MBAM is pretty great about getting along with other security software. The only issues I've seen that could be taken as incompatibilities would be with certain security programs (Norton in particular) that if not disabled while scanning with MBAM, would cause MBAM to either get stuck during it's full scan (which is largely unnecessary as the quick scan almost always finds the same things as the full scan) or it makes the full scan simply take much longer. However, with your current configuration you shouldn't even have to disable anything when you use MBAM.

I hope my long-winded reply answered your questions and concerns :) . If you need anything else please let us know.

Thanks.

Thank you very much, exile360! Yes, indeed, your reply answered my questions and concerns! B)

P.S. I wouldn't touch Norton or McAfee with a ten foot pole! :(

Thank you very much, exile360! Yes, indeed, your reply answered my questions and concerns! :)

P.S. I wouldn't touch Norton or McAfee with a ten foot pole! :(

You're very welcome :) ! And I fully agree regarding Norton and McAfee, those are 2 vendors that really seem to have lost their touch, so I don't touch them :( !