MWB PRO User - TY for Help!

• Root Admin

Sorry to butt in here but you really made a mistake playing with the partitions and now running all these other tools are only compounding the issue. I would highly recommend that you stop doing anything with the computer if you want any hope of restoring the data.

There are tools and methods to recover but without experience you're going to more than likely make it worse again by "self medicating"

If the data is important to you then I would recommend locating a professional with experience with data recovery (most local shops are not experts at this) and send the drive off to them. Not cheap but almost guaranteed that they can get the data back. I've recovered quite a few drives that have had all types of various issues with partitions so I know it can be done, but the more you play with it the less likely you'll be able to recover your data.

In the future you would be well advised to ensure you have external backups of all important data.

If you simply cannot afford to send out the drive and want to try on your own then these software applications are very good at data recovery

All of these operations should be done with the disk drive connected as a slave drive to another working computer.

Extreme caution also needs to be observed as you could easily pick the wrong drive or partition and cause damage to the working computer.

I really don't like the marketing and website for this software but it actually does work quite well at locating and recovering partitions.

Active@ UNDELETE

For pure data recovery where the partition cannot be restored I've found this software to be one of the best

GetDataBack

I do not recommend the many FREEWARE versions such as Recuva and others as I've found them to be quite limited in successful restorations. They typically find and recover much less data than the tools above.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!