Rundll32.exe Gradually taking up a lot of memory

MrExo

Hello, recently i've noticed that as time goes by rundll32.exe starts to gradually taking up a lot of my memory, it even took up 800k of my memory at one point. Usually just restarting fixes the problem but it starts to gradually get larger again. I also noticed that their were 2 of rundll32.exe in my task manager, one stays low while the other takes a lot of my memory. I've scanned with malwarebytes and avast yet nothing comes up as a virus or malware.  I've looked around and havn't found a solution, if anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Hello, recently i've noticed that as time goes by rundll32.exe starts to gradually taking up a lot of my memory, it even took up 800k of my memory at one point. Usually just restarting fixes the problem but it starts to gradually get larger again. I also noticed that their were 2 of rundll32.exe in my task manager, one stays low while the other takes a lot of my memory. I've scanned with malwarebytes and avast yet nothing comes up as a virus or malware.  I've looked around and havn't found a solution, if anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention i have Windows XP

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment. 

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file

Thanks

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

While Ron returns....

There is quite a bit going on with this computer that is probably caused by either a hardware/software conflict or an infection. As well as some PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) especially IObit (see warning below) It is highly recommended to have one of our experts assist you.

Since you are having these issues, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

IOBIT WARNING!

The company behind this product was found to be stealing our database.
Personally I would not trust installing any software from a company that resorts to stealing someone's technology to sell their product.
Please see the following links and make up your own mind if you want to keep this on your system. If needed we can help you remove it.

Thank you

I've removed iobit from my system, and i've also asked contacted Help desk for any assistance with this problem, however i do not know when they will be replying so i want to keep this thread going and find a fix for this issue. Thank you for the help so far

I've removed iobit from my system, and i've also asked contacted Help desk for any assistance with this problem, however i do not know when they will be replying so i want to keep this thread going and find a fix for this issue. Thank you for the help so far

I'm sorry i seem to be having problems contacting Help Desk, i can't seem to locate my order number

Great I am glad to hear you found your order info and have submitted a ticket to the help desk.

I also noticed that you have several antivirus programs installed. It is not recommended to run more than one at the same time as this could cause conflicts. The help desk can help you sort that out as well.

They will get it all sorted out for you.

Great I am glad to hear you found your order info and have submitted a ticket to the help desk.

I also noticed that you have several antivirus programs installed. It is not recommended to run more than one at the same time as this could cause conflicts. The help desk can help you sort that out as well.

They will get it all sorted out for you.

Really? i thought i only had the one, which was avast

Yes you have two according to your log... (but since you have submitted a ticket to the help desk, work with them to get all your issues worked out to prevent confusion between the helpers here on the forum and the help desk) Thanks for understanding....

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {EDB4FA23-53B8-4AFA-8C5D-99752CCA7095}AV: avast! Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {7591DB91-41F0-48A3-B128-1A293FD8233D}FW: BitDefender Firewall *Disabled* FW: avast! Internet Security *Disabled*