[SOLVED] Immunet 3.0.12 Update Possible False Positive

ritchie58

Immunet Protect AV is pushing a new 3.0.12 version to users through the GUI. Right after updating and restarting I got an alert from Anti-Exploit that an exploit had been stopped for Internet Explorer. I was not using IE at the time as I had just restarted my machine. This possible FP may have been caused because this Immunet version has a new network monitoring feature. Although this doesn't seem to affect agent.exe or iptray.exe (Immunet's processes) from connecting to the cloud servers. Then again my default browser is Firefox. Just thought I'd let you guys know about this.

Cheers, Ritchie....

• Staff

Hey ritchie good to see you here!

Maybe Immunet is using IE o launch some type of background task using some non-standard methods?

Or it could be a bug with MBAE. Let's give 0.9.3 a try (about to be released) to discard a recent bug we fixed. If it continues to occur with 0.9.3 then we'll have to take a deeper look. Please keep an eye on this forum for the announcement of MBAE 0.9.3.

Thanks!

Hi Pedro, good to chat with you again too! After several other reboots I don't see this activity reoccuring thankfully! It must have been some kind of anomalous reaction by A-E to the new build of Immunet after updating. They seem to be playing nice together now.

I've noticed there is no way to manually add exclusions to Anti-Exploit with the current build. This might be a good feature to add to a future build so you can manually exclude any other security programs to reduce the chance of a conflict happening. I have added exclusions for A-E to Immunet and my other security programs for just that reason.

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on the forum for the next 0.9.3 build and update right away. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers, Ritchie...