[SOLVED] MBAE and Hitmapro.Alert are incompatible?

Woomera

after installing hitmanpro.alert everytime i start chorme before it loads up mbae pops up a windows saying an exploit has been blocked while chrome hasnt been loaded yet. its at the same time hma windows shows.

are these 20 incompatible? if yes then is the incompatibility on mbae side or hma?

• Staff

I was able to replicate the issue with MBAE 0.9.2.1400. However wih the new version 0.9.3 we are about to release I could not replicate it, so it looks like it might be fixed already in the next version.

Please keep an eye on this forum for announcement of 0.9.3 and try again when the new MBAE version is released.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

MBAE version 0.09.3.1000, HitmanPro.Alert version 2.0.10.45, In Windows 7 32-bit, I open two browser at the same time, for example(IE+Firefox), and MBAE will still report that it block an exploit, which was hmpalert_update.exe.

Also that HitmanPro.Alert can run(inject dll to browser) under Sandboxie 4.04 without any other configuration, but MBAE can't, I think you can take a look of their product.

• 4 weeks later...

I temporarily uninstalled MBAE (BTW, it's good that both driver .sys and library .dll of MBAE

are in the main 'Program Files' folder), but I had further problems with

For people who're having problem : simply go to "logs" tab,and select "hmpalert.exe blocked through running from Chrome/Firefox/IE" and click on exclude,same for HMPA Update.exe.

It worked for me only until the next reboot; maybe, it's because of my old OS (Win XP Home)?

I temporarily uninstalled MBAE (BTW, it's good that both the driver .sys and the library .dll of MBAE

are in the main 'Program Files' folder), but I had further problems - most probably

with compatibility of HMPA and Online Armor (Program Guard), but that's another story :)

As I have reported by mail some time ago - for me HitmanPro.Alert and MBAE still doesn't work. Tried adding hmpalert_update.exe to exclusions, but it appeared as a blank input. It was still there (but still as blank) after reboots, but MBAE still generated alert when starting protected browser.

What's strange and might be insteresting:

- I have had Maxthon installed and there were no alert from MBAE while starting it (which was done randomly by its updater) - but I think that there were no alert because MBAE doesn't protect Maxthon,

- while starting Firefox / IE the alert appears, but only for the first time the browser is started. After that, HMP Alert's popup shows up correctly and there is no alert from MBAE.

I was using Windows 8 Pro x64.

I would try to reproduce that issue, but now there is another one - I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 RTM and MBAE doesn't start at all, there is an issue with driver loading, but I have already started new topic, in order not to litter that one.

• Staff

We have repliacted the problem with HMP.Alert and will be fixing it in one of the next beta versions.

I would try to reproduce that issue, but now there is another one - I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 RTM and MBAE doesn't start at all, there is an issue with driver loading, but I have already started new topic, in order not to litter that one.

This is known issue #7:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=130688

Will be fixed when 8.1 becomes final. Right now it's still beta.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pedro!

Was this fix released yet?

Something happened this morning.

I use HPM.Alert with FF. I have no problem opening FF.

If I then click on a hyperlink in a email, a new tab opens in FF, no problem.

However, if FF is closed when I click on the email hyperlink, MBAE alerts me when FF is launched.

Don't know if this is related with HPM.Alert.

Best!

François