FileAssassin Missing Shell Extentions in Context Menu

FileAssassin is missing the shell extentions in the Windows Explorer context menu. This only happens on my x64 system. Otherwise FileAssassin is fully functional on the computer. Is it a bug or perhaps a compatibility issue? Is there a fix or a workaround to restore them?

edit:

clarified what the issue was

Edited by wildman424

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 -  x64

ShellExView==================================================Extension Name    : FAExt ClassDisabled          : NoType              : Context MenuDescription       : FileASSASSIN Shell ExtensionVersion           : 1, 0, 0, 1Product Name      : FileASSASSIN Shell ExtensionCompany           : MalwarebytesMy Computer       : NoDesktop           : NoControl Panel     : NoMy Network Places : NoEntire Network    : NoRemote Computer   : NoFilename          : C:\PROGRA~2\FILEAS~1\FILEAS~1.DLLCLSID             : {05672D66-9736-42F5-8BEB-FA1DD3CA51C4}File Created Time : 3/30/2007 6:34:52 PMCLSID Modified Time: 7/25/2013 11:44:07 PMMicrosoft         : NoFile Extensions   : AllFilesystemObjectsFile Attributes   : AFile Size         : 36,864.NET Extension    : No==================================================

Yes, FileASSASSIN is very old and pre-dates x64 so it does not support shell menu integration on x64 Windows versions. You might be able to get it to work by adding the reg keys for the shell menu into the native x64 shell keys, but I'm not certain and I do not recommend attempting it unless you know what you're doing.

Yes, FileASSASSIN is very old and pre-dates x64 so it does not support shell menu integration on x64 Windows versions.

That's what I thought Sam. I wasn't 100% sure. I been looking for a temp fix for this so I'll try adding the reg keys for the shell menu into the native x64 shell keys. Also noticed that if you try to register or unregister FileASSASSIN.dll using REGSVR32 to call DllRegisterServer or DllInstall it ends in an error, but FileASSASSINExt.dll will register just fine as long as you call DllRegisterServer ( It can't find the entry-point if you call DllInstall )   Could that prevent me from just adding the reg keys for the shell menu into the registry to get it to work?

I know you guys  are really busy and currently have more important projects on the agenda, but is there a possibility to get FileAssassin an update in the near future?

Thanks  :)

I'm not sure if that would prevent it from working or not. You can experiment if you wish, but as I said, just make sure you know what you're doing.

As for the possibility of an update in the future, likely not. We have way too much in development right now that has far more priority than this at the moment.