Malwarebytes no longer free?

Can you guys clear up a little dilemma? I referred the program to a friend as free and he's telling me that the free version will scan but not clear infections. That you have to purchase for it to clear them out.

Not against referring malwarebytes for purchase but I hate to tell someone to waste their time downloading something free that's only going to show them infections and not remove them.

Can you guys clear up a little dilemma? I referred the program to a friend as free and he's telling me that the free version will scan but not clear infections. That you have to purchase for it to clear them out.

Not against referring malwarebytes for purchase but I hate to tell someone to waste their time downloading something free that's only going to show them infections and not remove them.

Scanning , removal and updates (both application and definitions) are now , always have been and always will be free .

There have been reports of some fraudulent sites charging for downloading and there is always a chance that some rogue app is attempting to trick users into thinking that their app is ours .

Make sure to be on a major site like download.com when downloading to ensure that you actually have our software .

Scanning , removal and updates (both application and definitions) are now , always have been and always will be free .

There have been reports of some fraudulent sites are charging for downloading and there is always a chance that some rogue app is attempting to trick users into thinking that their app is ours .

Make sure to be on a major site like download.com when downloading to ensure that you actually have our software .

Thank you very much!

And to the developers, thank you for the excellent free product. It's truly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

If I use the application in my business to remove an infection when one of my users comes to me saying they are infected is it still free or does that require a license? I do not need or want any real time scanning. I just like the application for its removal even if its after the fact. I try to stop the infection beforehand by education if at all possible.

Thank you

From the license.txt included with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Subject to the restrictions below, you may use the Malwarebytes' Software for any legitimate purpose.

In return, we simply require that you agree:

1. Not to use this software for commercial use without proper licensing.

You'd need a corporate license for that. To inquire about it please contact corporate@malwarebytes.org.

Hi, great program, I regularly recommend it. Pleased to read that

Scanning , removal and updates (both application and definitions) are now , always have been and always will be free.

I can understand that you need to make money to cover costs, etc, and I

• 1 year later...
I agree. The term "free trial" is expected to mean that the software only works for a limited time. "Shareware" is supposed to mean you get more features with the paid version, but the Shareware version will not expire. (Many people don't know the difference, either.)

However, the term "Shareware" is often misused for software that is really a trial, so that's what most people think shareware is. And using the term "trial" misleads people to think their free version of MBAM will expire.

I think MBAM should avoid both terms altogether (unless the download site requires such labelling), and just call the "Free version" and "Professional version", which even to the casual user should imply one version merely has more functionality for work environments. If you need the labels, knock off the "trial version", because a misleading description.

I went to malwarebytes.org and clicked download free.. I then was redirected to Download.com like normal but when you click download I get redirected to a 404 error.. So this has me wondering if they are indeed going to start to charge...

• Root Admin

For HOME use only it is still Free and no plans that I'm aware of to change that.

You probably accidentally clicked on some Ad that was on the page. This link from cnet download should work okay until or unless they change it.

Business, Government, Educational, etc require a license for any type of use.

Thank you.