MBAM.exe hung?

I hope this is an easy question....

I am having a problem with my computer and someone else is helping me but he is on the road and won't be checking back til Tuesday.

Among other things he gave me a link to Mbam.exe with instructions on running it. I did but it appears to be stalled. It has been on the same item for at least 45 min. I know that this item is a very large file so I'm not sure how long to give it. I didn't realize I should have disabled Avast before I started it and so I don't know if that is the problem. It is sitting there with only the 'cancel' button available.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hi, weedy:

It appears that it is the forum Admin, AdvancedSetup, who is assisting you with your infected computer >>HERE<<?

It also looks as if you included a scan log from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) in your original post.

So MBAM seems to have run OK?

So, it's not quite clear when you mention "a link to mbam.exe"???

>>Can you please provide a bit more specific info about which of the requested scans seems to be hanging?

The experts would need to know which scanner in order to advise you whether to back out or not.

Having said all that, we don't work on malware removal in this particular sub-section of the forum.

So, the best bet -- to minimize confusion for everyone -- would probably be to post about the stalled scan back in your other topic.

AdvancedSetup will no doubt reply to you as soon as he can and he will assist you with the scanning and cleanup process. :)

Thanks!

daledoc1

I will do that but I started a new post because I read that there was less of a chance of someone answering me if I responded in the same thread. I didn't want to wait til Tues to try and get this done. I'm kinda lost without my computer, and have things I need to get done. The log I posted was from a dds utility that I found.  The forum admin told me as Step 3 to run the Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and gave me a link.  (I didn't relate it to my Malwarebytes application (the acronym just didn't register).  I had scanned with it and it didn't find anything (prior to my original post).

It is the mbar.exe that hangs on the one folder, and is still hung in the same place and I don't know whether to cancel and try and run it again.

I will repost in my topic and hope someone can help soon and many apologies for getting it in the wrong place!

Thanks again!