I think I may have multiple Malware on my system

Hi there,

My computer began freezing and carrying on when I would try to load Windows 7. Videos also tend to freeze. Today  I started to investigate this and began to unravel this whole Malware thing.
So a friend told me to down load Spybot and I did so in safe mode as normal mode was very slow. I then ran Spy bot and cleaned up the system with it.
How ever after this I still had the same issues. I scanned with Avira the free version and this is what came up Begin scan in 'C:\'

[0] Archive type: RSRC
    --> C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
        [1] Archive type: RSRC
      --> \\?\C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\121229091539-m.list
          [WARNING]   The file could not be read!
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\121229091539-m.list
      --> \\?\C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130122111435-m.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130122111435-m.list
      --> \\?\C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130126131707-m.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130126131707-m.list
      --> \\?\C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130129092545-l.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130129092545-l.list
      --> \\?\C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130209071738-l.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\blekkotb_031\data\130209071738-l.list
      --> C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\64J99ACL\130209071738-l[1].zip
          [2] Archive type: ZIP
        --> 130209071738-l.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\64J99ACL\130209071738-l[1].zip
      --> C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\C8SSOQYJ\130129092545-l[1].zip
        --> 130129092545-l.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\C8SSOQYJ\130129092545-l[1].zip
      --> C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G9DIAU07\130122111435-m[1].zip
        --> 130122111435-m.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G9DIAU07\130122111435-m[1].zip
      --> C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KYHMBPBE\121229091539-m[1].zip
        --> 121229091539-m.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KYHMBPBE\121229091539-m[1].zip
      --> C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\T83NMUT2\130126131707-m[1].zip
        --> 130126131707-m.list
C:\Users\James Robertson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\T83NMUT2\130126131707-m[1].zip

So I googled blekkotb and found a forum on this site which recommended downloading Rogue killer and thats when things got complicated and i began too discover many other files.
So I figure its best to ask for myself instead of download too many programs and not getting any where.
Hope you can help
:D

avirascan.txt

Hi there,
my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

• First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
  • Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
  • If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
  • Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
  • Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
  • If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
  • Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
  • My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

Scan with DDS

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or
here.

Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
DDS.txt
Attach.txt
Save both reports to your desktop.

Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.

Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.

Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up any important data before using.

• Double click the mbar.zip file to open it, then 'Extract all files'.
  • Double click the mbar folder to open it, then double click mbar.exe to start the tool.

Check for Updates, then Scan your system for malware

If malware is found, do NOT press the Cleanup button yet. Click EXIT.

I'd like to see the log first so I can see what it sees. You'll find the log in that mbar folder as MBAR-log-[date and time]***.txt . Please attach that to your next reply.

Combofix

Combofix should only be run when adviced by a team member!

Link

Important - Save the file to your desktop!

• Deactivate any and all of your antivirus programs /spyware scanners - they can prevent CF from doing its work.
  • Run Combofix.exe

When finished, Combofix creates a log file named C:\Combofix.txt. Please post its content in your next reply.

Note: When receiving an error message containing ""Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" simply restart your computer to fix this.

Full System Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware

• If not existing, please download
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If the program is already installed:

• Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform fullscan, place a checkmark on all hard drives, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
  • The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
  • Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
  • Post that log back here.

Scan with ESET Online Scan

Please go to here to run the online scannner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
  • Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology

[*]Click Scan[*]Wait for the scan to finish[*]If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file.... [*]Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\apnic.dll	a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask applicationC:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\apntoolbarinstaller.exe	a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask applicationC:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\Offercast_AVIRAV7_.exe	a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.D application

As you can see on your own, the free Avira brings parts of the ask toolbar with it - which is adware itself.

I´d recommend to install the program and get another antivirus instead, for example avast!: http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?part=dl-85737&subj=dl&tag=button

The other files within the ESET log aren´t malware, but contain security risks. I would delete them immediately - your choice.

Then we can do the cleanup - if you are facing any issues, report that immediately.

Delete junk with adwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner to your desktop.

• Run adwcleaner.exe.
  • Hit delete.
  • When the run is finished, it will open up a text file.
  • Please post its contents within your next reply.
  • You´ll find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[s1].txt also.

SecurityCheck

Please download SecurityCheck: LINK1 LINK2

• Save it to your desktop, start it and follow the instructions in the window.
  • After the scan finished the (checkup.txt) will open. Copy its content to your thread.

Then your system is all clean now! :)

Adobe Reader out of date

Your Adobe Reader is outdated. We will fix this.

• Get the actual software from here. Important: Uncheck any optional software (for example Google Chrome, etc.) offered.
  • Run setup and follow the instructions.
  • Click upon Start-->control panel-->add/remove programs.
  • Search for and remove any older reader versions.

Uninstall our tools using delfix

Please follow these steps in order:

1. In the case we used Defogger to turn off your CD emulation software. You can start it again and use the Enable button.
  2. In the case we used Combofix. Deactivate your antivirus software once more, then rename the combofix.exe to uninstall.exe and run it one last time. You shall be noted that Combofix has been removed.
  3. In any case please download delfix to your desktop.
    • Close all other programms and start delfix.
    • Please check all the boxes and run the tool.
    • delfix will now delete all found traces of our removal process

[*] If there is still something left please delete it manualy.

How to protect yourself

• System Updates
    Beeing up to date is very important. Please be sure to activate automatic updates in your control panel.
    Windows XP | Windows Vista |
    Windows 7 | windows 8
  • Protection
    What you need is one (not more) good virus scanner with backgroud protection. Additionally I recommend a special malwarescanner that you run from time to time.
    Personally I am using the avast! Antivirus Free Edition and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. They offer you good protection for free use. But please remember: You get only the full protection if you use the payed versions of your security software.
  • Up to date Software
    Stay up to date with all the programs you use. Some of those really have to have an eye on are: your browser(s) including add-ons and plug-ins, Java, Flash Player, your virus scanner, and basically every software you use often. These link may help you to check:

[*] Backups
    There are chances for an emergency every day. So be prepared. Back up your data on a regular basis. If you burn it to DVDs from time to time, use a cloud-drive or a professional network backup system is your choice. [*] Brains
    It's no joke! You really need one of those things. :) It is very important not just to click anywhere it is colored or flashing while you surfing on the web. Do not click an OK button on any popping window without reading what it says. While installing software always choose the custom mode, read what those windows says and uncheck adware that will be installed along the software you want.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!