Will this nifty gadget ever be waterfox compatible ?

Its my main browser and i will never use anything else. Sorry!

Would be unfortunate for waterfox users, very unfortunate; most malware comes from browsing.

Thanks mbam staff and zerovuln team !

Is waterfox based on firefox? If so b simply renaming the execuables to firefox.exe and plugin-container.exe it will be shielded by MBAE.

I use Pale Moon and was kind of wondering the same thing.........

So, what you are saying is to go to C:\Program Files\Pale Moon and rename the file Pale Moon.exe to Firefox.exe and the browser wil be shielded?

• 3 weeks later...

Going to assume that this trick should work with Seamonkey also then, maybe? Not totally based on Firefox, but built by the Mozilla team.

If that trick doesn't work, will Seamonkey ever be supported?

Thank you

Just in case you're not familiar with Seamonkey:

The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.

powered_by_mozilla_small.png Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.

May be a dumb question, but Firefox just received an update, meaning Seamonkey and Palemoon have also.

I have Seamonkey on 1 machine and Palemoon on another. I updated my Seamonkey earlier today but had forgotten that I had already renamed the seamonkey.exe to forefox so update failed. I then renamed the firefox.exe back to seamonkey.exe and updater had to download the full install instead of just the update, but again, that update failed. :(

On this machine I hadn't renamed the palemoon.exe yet so went ahead and updated it and then renamed the file to firefox.exe.

So, the dumb question is, should I rename the original file back to original name before updating. I know that after my first attempt at updating Seamonkey and then renaming the file back to Seamonkey AFTER that full download attempt wrecked everything! Uninstalled Seamonkey on that machine temporarily.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi Turtleman, we don't currently have any plans on adding more applications to the MBAE Free shields unless we see active exploitation in the wild targeting the application specifically.

We have a bad habit of eating three times a day that's why the custom shields are available only in MBAE Premium ;)

Btw there is a 20% discount promo for MBAE Premium going on now:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/159293-mbae-premium-20-discount-promo-at-mycecom/