Logs for MrC

Please read the following information first.

You're infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan also.

BACKDOOR WARNING

------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

I will try my best to clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

-----------------------------------------

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE

• Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
  • Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
  • Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt
To attach a log if needed:

Bottom right corner of this page.

more-reply-options.jpg

New window that comes up.

choose-files1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note:

If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:

Internet access

Windows Update

Windows Firewall

If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the fixdamage tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot. It's located in the Plugins folder which is in the MBAR folder.

Just run fixdamage.exe.

Verify that they are now functioning normally.

MrC

OK...Good, Next:

Please download and run ComboFix.

The most important things to remember when running it is to disable all your malware programs and run Combofix from your desktop.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Information on disabling your malware programs can be found Here.

Make sure you run ComboFix from your desktop.

Give it at least 30-45 minutes to finish if needed.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

---------->NOTE<----------

If you get the message Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion after you run ComboFix....please reboot the computer, this should resolve the problem. You may have to do this several times if needed.

MrC

Looks Good..Next:

Lets check for any adware while you're here:

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it on your Desktop.

AdwCleaner is a reliable removal tool for Adware, Foistware, toolbars and potentially unwanted programs.

AdwCleaner is a tool that deletes :

· Adwares (software ads)

· PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)

· Toolbars

· Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)

It works with a Search and Deletion method. It can be easily uninstalled using the "Uninstall" mode.

• Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator (for XP just double click) to launch the application.
  • Now click on the Search tab.
  • Please post the contents of the log-file created in your next post.
Note: The log can also be located at C:\ >> AdwCleaner[XX].txt >> XX <-- Denotes the number of times the application has been ran, so in this should be something like R1.

Note:

Please look over what was found......especially any folders, we're going to permanently delete it all in the next step....if there's something you may want to keep...please let me know and I'll explain to why it shouldn't be on your system.

If you see AVG Secure Search being targeted for deletion, Here's Why and Here. You can always Reinstall it.

Please note that Antivir Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you remove ASK by using Adwcleaner, Antivir Webguard will no longer work properly. Therefore, if you use this program please use the instructions below to access the options screen where you should enable /DisableAskDetections before using AdwCleaner.

You can click on the question mark (?) in the upper left corner of the program and then click on Options. You will then be presented with a dialog where you can disable various detections. These options are described below:

/DisableAskDetection - This option disables Ask Toolbar detection.

MrC

Lets check your computers security before you go and we have a little cleanup to do also:

Download Security Check by screen317 from HERE or HERE.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
  • Please Post the contents of that document.
  • Do Not Attach It!!!
MrC

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.70  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!)  
 Internet Explorer 10  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013   
 Antivirus up to date!   
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  
 Java 7 Update 25  
 Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.94  
 Adobe Reader XI  
 Mozilla Firefox (22.0)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 AVG avgwdsvc.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Looks Good.....

A little clean up to do....

Please Uninstall ComboFix: (if you used it)

Press the Windows logo key + R to bring up the "run box"

Copy and paste next command in the field:

ComboFix /uninstall

Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /

cf2.jpg

Then hit enter.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and clears System Restore cache and create new Restore point

(If that doesn't work.....you can simply rename ComboFix.exe to Uninstall.exe and double click it to complete the uninstall or download and run the uninstaller)

---------------------------------

If you used DeFogger to disable your CD Emulation drivers, please re-enable them.

-------------------------------

Please download OTC to your desktop.

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTC.exe

Double-click OTC to run it. (Vista and up users, please right click on OTC and select "Run as an Administrator")

Click on the CleanUp! button and follow the prompts.

(If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.)

You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process, choose Yes.

After the reboot all the tools we used should be gone.

Note: Some more recently created tools may not yet be removed by OTC. Feel free to manually delete any tools it leaves behind.

Any other programs or logs you can manually delete.

IE: RogueKiller.exe, RKreport.txt, RK_Quarantine folder, C:\FRST, MBAR, etc....AdwCleaner > just run the program and click uninstall.

-------------------------------

Any questions...please post back.

If you think I've helped you, please leave a comment > click on my avatar picture > click Profile Feed.

Take a look at My Preventive Maintenance to avoid being infected again.

Good Luck and Thanks for using the forum, MrC

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!