Rundll Error at startup after deleting a virus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to MBAR and run the fixdamage tool as outlined:

Note:

If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:

Internet access

Windows Update

Windows Firewall

If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the fixdamage tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot. It's located in the Plugins folder which is in the MBAR folder.

Just run fixdamage.exe.

Verify that they are now functioning normally.

MrC

You have Defender disabled because you have MSE running:

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {3F839487-C7A2-C958-E30C-E2825BA31FB5}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {84E27563-E198-C6D6-D9BC-D9F020245508}

You can't have 2 AVs running at the same time, it only causes conflicts not twice the protection.

MrC

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I know you can't have two at the same time. but my clean pc's message is different. i've attached the two. And my other pc still won't install windows updates. Do you know why it might now being installing updates?

post-142997-0-14490100-1374287248_thumb.post-142997-0-44360500-1374287258_thumb.

My home computer is clean and has no problems. I was only comparing it with my work pc. my work pc had the rootkit.zero access

sometimes i can't login to malware bytes because it's super glitchy and won't load the page. also the windows update won't install.

post-142997-0-91132600-1374287884_thumb.

If Malwarebytes is giving you a problem, to clean reinstall:

If you have the pro version of MB....make sure you have your license key

-----------------------

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

image514.png

Go to your control panels add/remove programs and uninstall MalwareBytes Anti-Malware > reboot

Download and run this cleaner:

mbam-clean.exe

Reboot <---very important

Now download and see if you can install the latest version of MB from here: (disable any malware/anti-virus programs running first)

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1

------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Windows Update problem:

Download and run Fixit:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/

and this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

You may also want to disable any anti-virus or anti-malware program you have running and try windows update.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104

Let me know.....MrC

I think every thing is working well now. Some updates that failed to update Friday, did update today. The one that did fail today was an update to Windows Defender. I'm guessing because I have Security Essentials, Windows Defender is turned off and won't update. Does that sound like a possible reason? If I turn off Security Essentials and try to turn on Windows Defender, I still get an access denied error. number 0x80070005. I'm not sure if that is normal. But everything else is working really well. Let me know what you think. If you think that it's ok, I would like to uninstall the special programs like roguekiller and farbar. Thank you again for your help.

Kristy

post-142997-0-94308800-1374501117_thumb.

Defender is probably damaged, use MSE instead.

I'll give you instruction on removing all the tools we used when we're done.

Lets check for any adware while you're here:

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it on your Desktop.

AdwCleaner is a reliable removal tool for Adware, Foistware, toolbars and potentially unwanted programs.

AdwCleaner is a tool that deletes :

· Adwares (software ads)

· PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)

· Toolbars

· Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)

It works with a Search and Deletion method. It can be easily uninstalled using the "Uninstall" mode.

• Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator (for XP just double click) to launch the application.
  • Now click on the Search tab.
  • Please post the contents of the log-file created in your next post.
Note: The log can also be located at C:\ >> AdwCleaner[XX].txt >> XX <-- Denotes the number of times the application has been ran, so in this should be something like R1.

Note:

Please look over what was found......especially any folders, we're going to permanently delete it all in the next step....if there's something you may want to keep...please let me know and I'll explain to why it shouldn't be on your system.

If you see AVG Secure Search being targeted for deletion, Here's Why and Here. You can always Reinstall it.

Please note that Antivir Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you remove ASK by using Adwcleaner, Antivir Webguard will no longer work properly. Therefore, if you use this program please use the instructions below to access the options screen where you should enable /DisableAskDetections before using AdwCleaner.

You can click on the question mark (?) in the upper left corner of the program and then click on Options. You will then be presented with a dialog where you can disable various detections. These options are described below:

/DisableAskDetection - This option disables Ask Toolbar detection.

MrC

Some adware found....lets clear it out.....

• Please re-run AdwCleaner
  • Click on Delete button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
Note: You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Then......

Lets check your computers security before you go and we have a little cleanup to do also:

Download Security Check by screen317 from HERE or HERE.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
  • Please Post the contents of that document.
  • Do Not Attach It!!!
MrC