mholmes

command line help

not sure if im in the right place or not but having issue getting malwarebytes to run in command line.

Pardon my sloppy code:

Private Sub Button3_Click_1(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click        If bol32 = False And bol64 = False Then            MsgBox("Please Select A OS Type", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation, "Error: No OS Selected")        Else            Try                If bol32 = True Then                    Shell("C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe /quickscan")                ElseIf bol64 = True Then                    Shell("C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe /quickscan")                End If            Catch                MsgBox("Failed To Start Malwarebytes Process", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "Processing Error")            End Try        End If    End Sub

Its telling me the file path does not exsist. When I go into command prompt I get the same thing. Pretty sue the shell command is correct but not sure where I made my mistake.

this works but I really would like to get it to auto quick scan for me

Private Sub Button3_Click_1(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click        If bol32 = False And bol64 = False Then            MsgBox("Please Select A OS Type", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation, "Error: No OS Selected")        Else            Try                If bol32 = True Then                    Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe")                ElseIf bol64 = True Then                    Process.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe")                End If            Catch                MsgBox("Failed To Start Malwarebytes Process", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "Processing Error")            End Try        End If    End Sub

Hello and :welcome:

Are you using the Free Version or Paid Pro version, as the Free version does not support a lot of DOS commands....?

The command isn't /quickscan, that's why it's not working. It is /scan -quick (note the space between /scan and -quick). Additional commands can be found in the help file included with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Why;  /scan -quick

and not

/scan /quick

or

-scan -quick  ?

Because the first is a switch, the second is a parameter/modifier for the switch. For example, if you wanted to perform a Flash scan, have it run silently, have it save a scan log regardless of user settings, remove any detected threats and reboot the system if required to complete the threat removal process it would be:
/scan -flash -silent -remove -log -reboot