[SOLVED] Error uninstalling

B-boy/StyLe/

I had trouble uninstall MBAE. An error popped up saying that msvcr100d.dll was not found which is strange because I have all of the Visual C++ redist packages installed (2005, 2008, 2010 and even 2012)...also I searched for the file and found it in %systemroot%\system32.

Since the uninstallation process failed I started to receive an warning saying that msvcr100d.dll is missing when I tried to start Firefox.exe...the browser started after awhile despite the error. Then I noticed that MBAE's folder is still there but uninstall.exe would not start and then I decided to force remove the whole folder using an third-party utility and that did the trick and the warnings about the missing dll disappeared when Firefox.exe is starting. I hope it is worth mentioning and I am waiting to test the next build when released. :)

Regards,

Georgi

Hi,

I tested the newest build and I have some news for you. :)

1. The uninstaller work properly now but the main folder with some files inside should be deleted manually...also I tried to run mbae-uninstaller.exe manually and I got the following message (it disappeared too quick and I was unable to catch it with better quality but it is readable good enough). :)

sQGY7DD.png

2. After installing MBAE will create a wrong shortcut on both places (desktop and start menu group). I thought the reason was my icons cache database and that's why I deleted my iconcache.db file and restarted explorer.exe but the icon was still blank. I double-clicked on it and got the following message:

4Z0nLtn.png

Then I created a new shortcut from the mbae64.exe located in my %Programfiles% directory with no problems.

Keep up the good work! :)

Regards,

Georgi

• Staff

Thanks for reporting!

The mbae-uninstaller.exe is supposed to behave that way as it is a DOS program which runs and exits very quickly.

In regards to the shortcut icon this is a problem. We've already fixed it and it will be released in the next build.