[SOLVED] Error uninstalling

I had trouble uninstall MBAE. An error popped up saying that msvcr100d.dll was not found which is strange because I have all of the Visual C++ redist packages installed (2005, 2008, 2010 and even 2012)...also I searched for the file and found it in %systemroot%\system32.

Since the uninstallation process failed I started to receive an warning saying that msvcr100d.dll is missing when I tried to start Firefox.exe...the browser started after awhile despite the error. Then I noticed that MBAE's folder is still there but uninstall.exe would not start and then I decided to force remove the whole folder using an third-party utility and that did the trick and the warnings about the missing dll disappeared when Firefox.exe is starting. I hope it is worth mentioning and I am waiting to test the next build when released. :)

Regards,

Georgi

• Staff

Thanks for reporting this Georgi. We're QA'ing the next build which will be released asap. If you could check this error with the new version as soon as it is released it would be very helpful. Thanks again!

Hi,

I tested the newest build and I have some news for you. :)

1. The uninstaller work properly now but the main folder with some files inside should be deleted manually...also I tried to run mbae-uninstaller.exe manually and I got the following message (it disappeared too quick and I was unable to catch it with better quality but it is readable good enough). :)

sQGY7DD.png

2. After installing MBAE will create a wrong shortcut on both places (desktop and start menu group). I thought the reason was my icons cache database and that's why I deleted my iconcache.db file and restarted explorer.exe but the icon was still blank. I double-clicked on it and got the following message:

4Z0nLtn.png

Then I created a new shortcut from the mbae64.exe located in my %Programfiles% directory with no problems.

Keep up the good work! :)

Regards,

Georgi

• Staff

Thanks for reporting!

The mbae-uninstaller.exe is supposed to behave that way as it is a DOS program which runs and exits very quickly.

In regards to the shortcut icon this is a problem. We've already fixed it and it will be released in the next build.