Need help in this issue...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Please visit this webpage for instructions on downloading and running ComboFix: How to use ComboFix

Please make sure you disable your security applications before running ComboFix.

Once Combofix has completed it will produce and open a log file.  Please attach that log file to your next reply.
If needed the file can be located here:  C:\combofix.txt

NOTE: If you receive the message "illegal operation has been attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", just reboot the computer.

I accidentally ran combofix again when trying to uninstall it, i typed 'Combofix / uninstall' then It scanned my system and also I got the last note you gave about the registry that is marked for deletion so I rebooted my PC..will this have any effect on my desktop? and here is the second log that it made...

ComboFix.txt

• Root Admin

Let me have you run the ESET antivirus scan again and let's see if it finds anything.

button_eos.gif

Please go here to run the online antivirus scannner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
  • Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
  • Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

• Root Admin

As the tools you've downloaded contain toolbars you need to be careful when installing them and choose a Custom install and make sure to uncheck any added toolbar or other offers from the software.

Please delete all the files listed as .JS

Now please see if you can download and run the TDSSKiller tool now.

Please download the following scanner from Kaspersky and save it to your computer: TDSSkiller

Then watch the following video on how to use the tool and make sure to temporarily disable your security applications before running TDSSkiller.

If any infection is found please make sure to choose SKIP and post back the log in case of a False Positive detection.

Once the tool has completed scanning make sure to re-enable your other security applications.

• Root Admin

All of them please.

Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click on the Reset button.  Then quit Internet Explorer and restart it and fill out the questions if asked.

Then double check and make sure your DNS is still using Google and not your ISP settings.  You should be able to use these

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Is TDSSKiller the only one you're having issues downloading?

Make sure you FULLY DISABLE your Lavasoft Ad-Aware when trying to download TDSSKiller

still no joy on TDSSkiller, I did what you asked me on IE but and it still didn't work, I also disabled my AV before downloading it...I'm still using google public DNS because it's the only way I can connect to my sites, but it didn't help downloading TDSSkiller...

I am sorry for posting on the other forum without finishing here, I am all good now, the fix did its job, I hope, and the TDSSkiller, maybe it is my ISP again blocking it, don't know whether its my country or ISP but I'm very thankful for the help Mr. AdvanceSetup....Hope you can help me again some time in the future but not soon...I'll just wait whether im all clear...thanks again...

• Root Admin

Your IP suggests you're possibly in the Philippines and I'm not aware of them doing selected blocking but I suppose it's possible.

I was over there in 2007 - had a great time with the family.

So as far as you can tell though other downloads work just fine and you're no longer seeing signs of an infection?

Is MBAM able to update now?

Please run an MBAM Quick Scan and post back the log. 

Thanks

yep every thing is working fine, the fix you gave did really great...I have no problems in my MBAM updating, thank you very much....good to know you had fun here, hope you can visit again soon...also I managed to repair my drive with seatools for DOS, all is working fine now...really grateful for the help....and here is the quick scan log of MBAM...the last thing I would like to ask is, do I uninstall the scanners you gave me? thanks again...

mbam-log-2013-07-09 (18-38-26).txt

• Root Admin

Please click on START and type in COMBOFIX   /uninstall

That will uninstall Combfix.   Then go ahead and delete any other programs or logs we've used in this process and read the following.

Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

I'll go ahead and close your topic soon then.

Take care and stay safe out there.  Mabuhay