Periodic quick scan issues

I'm having an issue with Malwarebytes' where it starts scanning on startup and running quick scans which appears to be every half hour or so when I have it set to only run at 7 pm. I've tried changing the recover if missed option to 0 to no avail. My laptop is always on before and after 7 pm so it's not missing the schedule.

I'm using Windows 7  Ultimate x64 with Microsoft Security Essentials, spywareblaster and hostsman. I have everything excluded.

mbam-log-2013-07-01 (13-27-45).txt

mbam-log-2013-07-01 (14-00-28).txt

Hi, DSK: :)

It might help to post an mbam-check log, too & perhaps a protection log or two, just to see how MBAM is behaving?

(Obviously we'll need to wait for Exile360, AdvancedSetup or one of the other staff members to review the logs...) ;)

Just a thought,

daledoc1

--------------------------------

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.
Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.
Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Hi Dale :)

I don't have that can and they seem to have move the can topic as I couldn't find it. :( But here you go.

Edit: I removed the scheduled quick scan and so far it hasn't happened again, but sometimes it appears fine so I may have to wait a few days before confirming if this is no longer occurring.

CheckResults.txt

protection-log-2013-06-30.txt

protection-log-2013-07-01.txt

I'll have to see how it works over the next few days and report back if it's the same or not. I just reinstalled it after using the removal tool and it started doing a scan shortly after setting up the scheduler, but I left the start date alone and only changed the time so it probably thought it missed it.

• Root Admin

Please do the following from an Admin CMD prompt.

From command line:

mbam.exe /unschedule /allmbam.exe /schedule /update /silent /hourly /every 4 /starting 07/01/2013 16:25:00 /recover 2 /wakefromsleepmbam.exe /schedule /scan -quick -log -silent -remove -reboot /silent /daily /every 1 /starting 07/01/2013 17:15:00 /recover 23

When I started the laptop up today the problem came back. It started scanning on startup again. The only thing I did was uncheck the silent scan option and change the time from 5:15 pm to 7:00 pm. The scan occurred last night at 7 so I know it didn't miss it as I was on at that time. Never had an issue like this before, but it doesn't seem to occur if I set it to perform scans silently.