I might have been bamboozled.

*Hangs head in shame* Ok, I guess this is time for me to come clean, I recently updated my mbam and now I have the "Oops, your license may be pirated" Malwarebytes is truly an awesome piece of software and I would love to continue to use it, I will pay the $14 for it, just one question.. By clicking the "buy now button" is that, for the creators a confirmation that the piece of software is...*gulp*...stolen? Does that mean black apache hellicopters and unmarked SUVs will come to my house and arrest me? (semi sarcastic) I got the serial from a friend, who honestly said he was gifting it to me, and I took it, I wanted to have the awesome software and at the time I didn't have the money, and after almost two years shamefully depriving you of your snack money ;) I have been found out. I honestly will buy it, I have my credit card ready, I'm just worried once I hit buy and enter my card the FBI or NSA will come to my door and arrest me, like is this a ruse? I have NEVER pirated anything else in my life, everything is legit on my computer, no cracks, stolen serials (...sadly except mbam) and I just wanna have this set all legit. I am truly sorry, at the time I knew what I did was wrong, but it was the "sweet! free software!" mentality. Please, I meant no one harm. :(

Ok, and I am in no way a pirate, I just took a gift from a friend who gave it to me, I have spent over $500 on games so I think $14 for a truly awesome piece of software is a drop in the bucket.

Sure, I understand, and I'm not calling you a pirate either, which is why I used the phrase 'potential pirates' as I'm definitely not claiming that you are one.

Wait, how do I swap out the serial for a good one?

There are a couple of methods to do this, but the simplest one is to use the /register switch from the command line.
  • Click on START and select Run and then type cmd and press Enter
  • In the black command prompt window, type the following and press Enter, replacing the sequences of numbers and letters shown in the below example with your actual ID and Key which you will receive from Cleverbridge via email once you've completed your purchase:
    mbam.exe /register 12345-67890 AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD
  • The 12345-67890 is the ID and the AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD is the Key
  • Once that's done, just restart your computer and you should be all set

Thank you sir for all your help.

You're welcome, I'm glad to be of service. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with, and thank you for deciding to not only continue using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to help keep your PC safe, but also for deciding to purchase a license. We really do appreciate your honesty, integrity and your support :).

Also, on the purchase forum it asks for address, it's a digital download, received via email, why do you need to know that? It gets charged to my credit card and then the credit card company knows my address so they bill me. 

Also, on the purchase forum it asks for address, it's a digital download, received via email, why do you need to know that? It gets charged to my credit card and then the credit card company knows my address so they bill me.

Yeah, it's standard practice to collect the address when making an online purchase (every online purchase I've ever made required it). I believe that's just to verify that you are who you say you are and that it's your credit card, and also in case they are shipping anything (for example, if you were also purchasing a backup copy on CD, something they offer for an additional fee).