mbam disapears

Hello

# Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

# At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

* Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

# Then click Finish.

# If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

# Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

Okay I have followed the above steps a few times now and when I click "quick scan" it begins to scan and about 3 to 6 seconds into the scan the the screen disappears. I click on the mbam icon on the desktop and am informed

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is already running.

I have tried changing the name before installing it, but I still get the same scenario.

My OS is W2k with Antivir Virus, Comodo Firwall. I am using the free version of mbam. Thanks for your help

Just a little followup. I tried to update w2k with MS and it did the first updates no Probs but when it came to the malicious removal tool it downloaded okay, but did not install. When I terminated the site it said that it was waiting for a reply from me. tried the updates again and said that there were none. Not sure whether these are connected, but I have no problems running hijackthis or rootrepeal. Do you think that I might have a hardware problem?

Hello

# Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

# At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

* Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

# Then click Finish.

# If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

# Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

Okay I have followed the above steps a few times now and when I click "quick scan" it begins to scan and about 3 to 6 seconds into the scan the the screen disappears. I click on the mbam icon on the desktop and am informed

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is already running.

I have tried changing the name before installing it, but I still get the same scenario.

My OS is W2k with Antivir Virus, Comodo Firwall. I am using the free version of mbam. Thanks for your help