Unable to check malicious website blocking

Hi:

Welcome, Rufino. :)

Sorry you are having trouble enabling website blocking.

Until a staffer arrives.....

First:
if this is a fresh install of MBAM PRO, try rebooting a few times, then open the program > protection tab > make sure "Start protection module with Windows" is checked & both the protection modules are checked (enabled). Note: on slower systems, you may need to wait up to 10 seconds for the change to occur, as it's a live change, not just a check mark. Reboot again.

Second: Is your system really only XP SP2?  SP2 has been dead and buried for a long, long time & is a huge security vulnerability.  Any reason why you don't have SP3? <just asking>

Finally, if rebooting doesn't resolve the issue, the staff will need a bit more info about your system.  If you are running XP 64-bit, I am pretty sure the standard diagnostic scanning tool (DDS) won't run.  So, for now, please follow the instructions below to run mbam-check.  Then post back with the resulting log attached to your next reply.  The staff will likely need you to run at least one more diagnostic scan with a tool that is compatible with 64-bit XP, such as OTL.
But please wait for expert assistance on that. :)

Instructions for mbam-check are below -- please post back with that checkresults.txt log attached.

Thanks,

daledoc1

-----------------------------------

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.
Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.
Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

daledoc1,

Thanks for the reply. I have wrestled with this problem for over a week and I have had many restarts since then.  As for the XP SP2 question, I don't have an answer for you except that the windows autoupdate has never asked me to install SP3! :) This is an older computer I purchased from a friend but I suspect that there is no SP3 for 64bit version of Windows XP.

I have attached the mcheck log and 3 most recent protection module logs. 

CheckResults.txt

protection-log-2013-06-20.txt

protection-log-2013-06-21.txt

protection-log-2013-06-23.txt

Hi:

Thanks for the logs. :)

My bad!

You are correct!

There is no SP3 for 64-bit XP: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

I stand corrected (it's been a long time since I've run XP).

Anyway, please wait for a staffer to review your logs and to assist you with getting MBAM PRO working correctly on your system. :)

As you are paid user of MBAM PRO with a consumer license, you may wish INSTEAD to open a ticket at the consumer help desk >>HERE<<.

If you do opt for that path to assistance, please include a link to this topic in your support request, so that the forum mods will know to close this topic.

Here is the link to include with your request:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=128227

Thanks!

daledoc1

Hi:

The wording about system requirements on the product home page is a tad vague: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro/#details

I'm pretty sure 64-bit XP is supported.

I suspect that the lack of a selection in the web form might be a glitch, perhaps related to the relative rarity of 64-bit XP. ;)

In any event, the help desk support team ought to be able to straighten things out for you.

Thanks for your patience!

daledoc1