Kaspersky continually crashes or gives error saying it didnt launch windows Updater changes settings without my concent

• Root Admin

Once you have a moment please run the following and I'll check on it as soon as I can and respond but still running around this weekend with limited access to the site off and on.

Next, download Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Thanks

nevermind, I clicked the other link you had.. here it is.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.67  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)  
 Internet Explorer 10  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Disabled!  
Kaspersky Internet Security   
 Antivirus up to date!   
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  
 AVG PC TuneUp   
 AVG PC TuneUp Language Pack (en-US)
 Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.224  
 Mozilla Firefox (21.0)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe  
 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe   
 Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 avp.exe  
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 4%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Kaspersky detected that Firefox accessed a "malware" and it was  in C:\User\Matt\Desktop\SecurityCheck.exe listed as "UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic"  so I deleted it. This happened while I was browsing.  though the odd thing is it did not detect the one in my downloads folder(which firefox defaults to) as "dangerous".  I had copied it to the desktop to execute it.  The first link wouldn't let me download at all Kaspersky deletes it instantly.  But the second download link worked fine and Kaspersky didn't detect anything until the last time I used Firefox browser.  I had already executed that one(Security Check from link 2) hours before with no problems nor warnings from KAV. not sure what to think, though I think Kaspersky is known for being overly protective.

• Root Admin

It's a false positive but that's okay you can delete it we're done with it.

As for these utilities - just my own personal opinion that especially on Windows 7 these type of tool just are not needed.  The operating system can manage almost all the maintenance tasks needed.  In fact at least the registry cleaning can cause harm to your computer so up to you but if it were my computer I would not install or use them.

AVG PC TuneUp   
AVG PC TuneUp Language Pack (en-US)

If there is nothing else then I think we are done here as the logs no longer show any issues.  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know otherwise I'll be closing this post tomorrow.

Thanks again

thank you for taking the time to help me.  My PC seems to be working fine, Kaspersky did terminate but I am going to remove Internet Explorer 10 until Kaspersky resolves this issue. again thanks!

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!