RubbeR DuckY

Malwarebytes Acquires ZeroVulnerabilityLabs

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

The free edition is a browser edition. You will note that once it is moved to stable version, some shields will be disabled. Also, for home users, there will be a Pro version avaibile, soon.

Thanks for your feedback. In comodo firewall, there is a protection module called HIPS. Please check and tell me what this is set to? We have had previous issues with this feature and MBAE.

It is set to safe mode. By the way I have no problems running internet explorer while running MBAE.

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

Please destroy all rules of MBAE in the HIPS rule section. Then disable the HIPS feature and restart your computer. Does the same results still happen?

What would the noticeable difference be, between this beta program and Exploit Shield 'corporate edition'?

Thanks in advance

Please, just to clarify,

Sorry, when you say "once it is moved to stable version" which edition are you referring to. For me I have been testing the corporate edition, which as you know, shields/protects many more programs then the Browser edition; hence my interest.

I obviously prefer the protection offered in the corporate edition. :)

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

The one you current have is from the older version that are no longer supported I should say. I was refering to it's one and curently only version the .9.2 beta version, which it has all features enabled for now. Once this is out of beta and on a stable channel/version, a pro version will be released for home users. If you previously opt-in the alpha/beta testing of the corporate edition, then talk to our lead manager of our software, which i believe is rubber ducky.

The one you current have is from the older version that are no longer supported I should say. I was refering to it's one and curently only version the .9.2 beta version, which it has all features enabled for now. Once this is out of beta and on a stable channel/version, a pro version will be released for home users. If you previously opt-in the alpha/beta testing of the corporate edition, then talk to our lead manager of our software, which i believe is rubber ducky.

Yes, well I received an email from Zork many months back with an invite and download link to "Corporate Edition" version 0.1.4 and have been extremely satisfied to this point. So with this corporate version running great I am just trying to understand where this beta version stands in comparison to the corporate version I have been testing.

Thanks again for your patience and time as I understand this topic

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

Could you throw me a PM and I will explain with alittle more detail about what is going on.

Welcome aboard Pedro and David !!!

ExploitShield was a great product, and now with MBAM merger, the new "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" it looks much better.

Salu2

Thanks I will do that asap ;)

Please destroy all rules of MBAE in the HIPS rule section. Then disable the HIPS feature and restart your computer. Does the same results still happen?

Did what you asked for, but still the same results are happening.

I am going to post this here as well since you may not have access to see my previous post HERE

OK installed, and running, then I went to the top of this that thread (the one I posted in before) (http://www.zerovulnerabilitylabs.com/) and clicked on the link and got the message attached.... and it closed my IE session. Now with it running every time I try to open IE it gives me the same popup and will not let me open IE..... Thoughts?

My PC setup is in my sig.....

post-17127-0-31198300-1371820005.jpg

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

@ardaulairesh: Please PM me about your current issue as more thorough steps need to be taken before I can tell you what the issue is.

@Firefox: This happened while using IE10? Does a restart solve this issue? Does this happen with anyother browser (IE9, chrome, firefox, etc.)? Although, I don't think this should matter, is it IE10 64-bit or IE10 32-bit and does the same results happen with both?

I installed it on my W7-SP1 x64 computer running Firefox, Malwarebytes Pro and Bitdefender AV Free.

1.  I noticed that there are is a web shield for Foxit but none for Nitro.   I used to use Foxit but switched to Nitro.  Adding a shield for Nitro would be helpful.

2.  I also notice that there is a webshield for Windows Media Player.   I use VLC.  Adding a shiled for VLC would be helpful.

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

In our next release, there will be a manual addition where you can add programs manually. The free edition, since it will be a browser edition, will be able to add any browser and browser components, such as java, flash player, pdf creator, etc. The pro version will be able to add anything including browsers and vlc player. I hope this helps.

In our next release, there will be a manual addition where you can add programs manually. The free edition, since it will be a browser edition, will be able to add any browser and browser components, such as java, flash player, pdf creator, etc. The pro version will be able to add anything including browsers and vlc player. I hope this helps.

Thanks.  Just a note.  There are Firefox plugins for both Nitro and VLC so based upon your response VLC and Nitro should be covered when used in Firefox.   So I would think that videos like *.flv files viewed in Firefox using the VLC plugin should be protected.  Of course *.avi files and the like played in VLC would require the Pro version of MAE. 

Any corrections to the above?

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

I see. You are talking about the plug-in VLC. Someone else will have to answer that question, but I believe that the specific plug-ins aren't shielded. Correction: I didn't mean to say next release, I meant to say upcoming releases.

Thanks gerard!

Once we start working with the Malwarebytes dev team to create a new GUI these problems such as the disappearing traybar icon wil be solved.

@Firefox: This happened while using IE10? Does a restart solve this issue? Does this happen with anyother browser (IE9, chrome, firefox, etc.)? Although, I don't think this should matter, is it IE10 64-bit or IE10 32-bit and does the same results happen with both?

I rebooted and the issue is still there. I also tested it with Opera (latest version) and it also will not allow me to open it.

Using this on Windows Ultimate 64bit, using IE 32bit

so same results for both....

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

The IE10 issue is a known false positive. Why it is happening to opera is unknown to me as in the past, I don't think anyone tested opera with MBAE. It could be the same false positive that is happening with IE10. Does this happen with chrome or firefox, too? Also, is the issue that you can't open up that specific link or the browsers in general?

The issue is that it will not let me open the program itself, I do not have firefox or chrome installed on this box.... but so far it happens with IE10 and Opera on this computer.  I can install firefox to test if you like me to.... (not a fan of firefox to be honest)

The issue is that it will not let me open the program itself, I do not have firefox or chrome installed on this box.... but so far it happens with IE10 and Opera on this computer.  I can install firefox to test if you like me to.... (not a fan of firefox to be honest)

Your sig banner threw me off there re: firefox fan ;)

We are preparing a new 0.9.2.1100 release which we think will fix this issue. Please stay tuned for updated news on this release in the next few days.

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

It would help much if you did test it on firefox, but I think it is just the false positive that is a known issue and is also happening with opera. I will install opera and test this myself and report if I get the same results. In the meantime, you may wish to test this on firefox, if you want to.

Your sig banner threw me off there re: firefox fan ;)

We are preparing a new 0.9.2.1100 release which we think will fix this issue. Please stay tuned for updated news on this release in the next few days.

Its a long story, but I have been using the handle Firefox way longer than the software Firefox....

Anywho... I will stay tuned to the new release...

Thanks

It would help much if you did test it on firefox, but I think it is just the false positive that is a known issue and is also happening with opera. I will install opera and test this myself and report if I get the same results. In the meantime, you may wish to test this on firefox, if you want to.

OK installed Firefox v21 x32 and tested it. It works fine with Firefox but still issue with IE10 and Opera... If you need further testing let me know...

Welcome aboard Pedro and David  :D

Am running MBAE alongside Trusteer, MBAM and NOD 32. So far so good, but I also noticed the disappearing tray icon.

I am on Win7 Ultimate (64)

Cheers

Try clicking the Windows up pyramid on the taskbar.  It should be there.   If you want to move it to the notification area of the taskbar right click on the taskbar, left click on Properties and click on Customize.  See if this helps.