Jump to content


Recommended Posts

"Computers our such wonderful inventions. Eye can right a paper and use spell-check too fix awl my errors.

Every thyme eye use spell check it seams two work fine accept when I use won word when I mean another.

It seams like their our dozens of perplexing pears.

Its knot fare that these errors effect my grade because the teacher nose I rote the wrong word.

I will give yew a peace of advice: reed you’re paper closely sew that ewe do knot fowl up two.

I wood knot want ewe too bee embarrassed bye yore goofs."

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

A checker is a bless sing, 

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed, 

And aides me when aye rime.


Each frays come posed up on my screen, 

Eye trussed to bee a joule;

The checker pours o'er every word, 

To cheque sum spelling rule.


Be fore a veiling checkers 

Hour spelling mite decline, 

And if were lacks or have a laps, 

We wood be maid to wine. 


Butt now bee cause my spelling 

Is checked with such grate flare, 

Their are know faults with in my cite, 

Of non eye am a wear. 


Now spelling does knot phase me, 

It does knot bring a tier. 

My pay purrs awl due glad den with wrapped words fare as hear. 


To rite with care is quite a feet 

Of witch won should be proud. 

And wee mussed dew the best wee can, 

Sew flaws are knot aloud.


Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.


As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rarely ever wrong.


Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays 

Such soft ware four pea seas.

And why I brake in two averse 

By righting want too pleas.


Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no 

Its letter perfect in it's weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

Link to post
  • 2 years later...

True story for this one:


Way back when, I worked in a company that standardized on Multimate as its word processor.  As I had already been using MS Word for several years, I didn't like it and could easily see how it was holding people back.  The only way I could get the boss to budge on this was to write a justification based on usage, examples and comparison between the two.  I wrote an outstanding document, one that could hold up to scrutiny from anyone with more brains than him.  Because I know how to spell, I typically turn off spell checkers, but I didn't want the boss to nitpick me on trivial stuff, I spell checked the justification.  It found what it considered to be one mistake.  When it encountered the name of the existing word processor (Multimate), it decided that I instead meant to use the word "mutilate."


Once I got done laughing, I included this as the final paragraph of the justification, telling him that even the computer was smart enough to know what was best.  After careful deliberation on his part (a.k.a. procrastination), he authorized me to buy Word for everyone in the office.

Link to post

Spell Check is about 90% good for what most of us want . For the other 10% of US, I combine Spell Check, and then to the Google Search box in my Search Bar.


Enter the word by using Copy / Paste, and often you get Dictionary meanings or the variations with the spelling.

Better than your Funk and Wagonals / correction Funk & Wagnalls < 2 L's (where is that White-Out pen)...


This was from my Google search box (or you may use Bing Etc.) as an Add on to your Search bar ... A good, quick Double Check for spell and meaning if you are never sure ..


That's how I do it, even if I only have a rough idea on how to spell any word .

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.