trojan.agent removal help needed!

Did it with the same results:  Once mbam is installed my computer freezes--this time while mbam was updating the database (but it's different each time, once it fully installed, updated, and even appeared to run for a little while before my computer froze.) After this happens--with mbam on the computer-- if I power off and let the machine start in normal mode it freezes at the page where I select a windows user profile somewhere in the process of logging on as admin--I can't get in without it freezing.  Restarted it in safe mode, removed mbam using add/remove, restarted in normal mode and here I am chugging along, apparently fine...

OK.  Since you've reformatted we can safely rule out malware as the cause of this problem.  At this point I think the Malwarebytes support team can offer you more help than I can.  I hate to pass the buck, but this is getting outside of my area of expertise.  Start out here:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/contact_consumer/ and you should hear back from someone within a day or so.  I'll leave this thread open for a few days in case you have any further questions for me.