From the directions of Post #41
--------------

Double-Click on a Microsoft Office icon such as MS Office Word 2000.

When you get this message...
post-14644-0-85026800-1370695429.jpg

browse and point the dialogue to; C:\TrayApp.msi for; "Use source:".

post-14644-0-85133300-1372708299_thumb.j

Well, that's bad news.  :(    That means that it has a version dependency and this MSI isn't the right revision.  It, the one provided, relates to the latest version relative to your printer but you probably have an an older version installed.  That dos NOT make this easy and it hasn't been easy getting to this point.

This is where we have a problem.  You have an HP Pavillion PC and a HP DeskJet 5440.  I am pretty sure that this is ONLY associated with the HP DeskJet 5440. { If this was an Acer or Toshiba, I may state to uninstall ALL HP software.  However since this is an HP computer, that may go too far. }

** I need you to go to; Control Panel --> "Add/Remove Programs" and remove software associated with the HP DeskJet 5440 with focus on any "HP PhotoSmart" related software.

I have deleted Hp deskjet 5440 & 2 other printers that were still on here as well. I also have HP Scanjet 3570c.

I still get the TrayApp error messages!

HP does not make any manual removal tools for it that I'm aware of. Their fix is to do full installs of there software again (which might work if you had them).

The fixes from Microsoft are more generic in nature and hopefully may stop that error from showing up is all.

Here is a thought, look under your installed programs and see if you have the option to uninstall TrapApp and try to remove it.