TrayApp.MSI

avon4u

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Hello avon4u!

The easiest way to go about fixing a Trayapp error is by using the HP device’s installation disk.

Steps

• Start your computer.
  • As Windows is starting up insert the HP product disk.
  • Allow the Windows Installer to run.
  • If a missing file is found by the installer it is likely to be replaced.
  • Once the Windows Installer has finished restart your computer.
  • See if the Trayapp error persists.

I don't know what this is, but when I open Microsoft Office - I am not able to open any Microsoft files!

How do I fix this?

I'm sorry, but you really don't provide any substantiating information.

You wrote "when I open Microsoft Office".

Microsoft Office is not one program but a suite of programs so you have to be more specific.

There are basically two ways to load a MS Office Document; pull or push.

When you load an Office Suite program, such as MS Word (winword.exe) or Excel (excel.exe), and then you have it open a file (Ex: DOC or XLS) then you are pulling the file.

When you browse a folder or drive and find a MS Office Document such as a DOC or XLS file and double-click on it you are using its association with a MS Office Suite program to push it to that program.

So you have to be more specific on what you are doing, what MS Suite program you are referring to and what file type you are working with.

Also could you please tell us the following:

• Brand and Model of your computer
  • Security software installed
  • Service Pack

You've only said you have office and xp home edition which doesn't help us at all. We also need to know the above things to narrow down the problem and help us research these issues.

Could you try to download and install this software - http://www.hp.com/gl...-creations.html ?

I can download this! I still not able to open MICROSOFT OFFICE - Word, Excell & etc!

When I click on Microsoft Office - Word, Excell & Etc, I get this message "Another installation is already in process. Complete that installation before proceeding with this instalation." I tried many times without inserting cd in drive. It won't let me. I haven't able to re-do it today. But It their again today.

Also could you please tell us the following:

• Brand and Model of your computer
  • Security software installed
  • Service Pack

You've only said you have office and xp home edition which doesn't help us at all. We also need to know the above things to narrow down the problem and help us research these issues.

HP Pavilion 764n

Windows XP Home Edition

AVG

Malwarebytes

Service pack 3

I can download this! I still not able to open MICROSOFT OFFICE - Word, Excell & etc!

When I click on Microsoft Office - Word, Excell & Etc, I get this message "Another installation is already in process. Complete that installation before proceeding with this instalation." I tried many times without inserting cd in drive. It won't let me. I haven't able to re-do it today. But It their again today.

Have you rebooted the PC ?

What version is MS Office - 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013 ?

Have you made any changes to the Office Suite ?

MS Office 2000 on WinXP. OK.

Please obtain a screenshot of the error message subsequent to you clicking on Microsoft Office --> Microsoft Office Word 2000 from the Start Menu.

This is the Error message every time I try to open MS Office:

Here is the TrayApp Error

David is on the right track, it has to do with your printer software, that keeps trying to reinstall or fix a damaged or missing file.... Give us your exact printer model....

Here is something you can try to stop it from doing that, then see if you can open Office after that....

Right-click on the Computer icon, wherever it exists on your system, and select Manage. (I’m using the Classic Start menu, so the Computer icon is on my desktop. If you’re using the new Start menu, the icon is in the Start menu.) This opens the Computer Management utility.

Select Services, right click on Windows Installer in the list and select Properties. If you’re having the problem, the Windows Installer service is started, and the Stop button is disabled. Simply rebooting doesn’t stop the service. Here’s how you stop it.

In the Properties dialog, change Startup type to “Disabled”, click OK, and reboot your computer. This stops the service. After your computer reboots, again open Computer Management (right-click on Computer and select Manage), open Windows Installer Properties, and change the Startup type back to Manual. Now you can try and run Office and let us know if it helped....

Did you try the steps I mentioned above for the installer service?

What exactly do you mean it stopped working? Does the printer itself not work or is the computer not able to print to it? How is the printer connected, is it USB or Parallel?

You can download the latest drivers for your printer from the HP website HERE , but lets get the other issue solved first before you go about installing other stuff.