Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime < REAL or FAKE

Hello.

I would like to buy "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime" from Amazon or Newegg - however, I am not 100% confident that this version is truly a Malwarebytes product.

Why?

Because I cannot find it a the Malwarebytes website (excluding this forum).

I find "Malwarebytes Free" and "Malwarebytes PRO" but no other version(s).

At Newegg, the website listed for the manufacturer is . . . http://mbam.dsolution.ca/ . . . and I could not navigate to this forum from this website. In contrast, to find this forum, I went to http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and was successful. I recognize the .ca may represent a Canada website. That being said, clearly this is a "for profit" company and yet is uses the .org extension (shame).

Given the product name Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime it seems reasonable to conclude that I would not have to pay annual fees, dues, etc, to update the database and enjoy full functionality. However, without a webpage to review and compare to other products, my confidence is low.

Has there been a product name change? Example, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime is now Malwarebytes PRO.

Where do I find the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime product description on the malwarebytes.org website?

Are there two different companies using the same Malwarebytes name (e.g. malwarebytes.org and dsolution.ca)?

Please advise.

Thank you.

CurlySue

post-93144-0-92015500-1369817081.jpg

post-93144-0-87762700-1369817092.jpg

With all due respect and perhaps because the engineer in me strives to avoid misinterpretation, but I did read . . . http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=112024&view=findpost&p=567109 . . . and while I understand the member is stating there are only two options, the reply did not fully address the initial post - at least not with "confidence" in my opinion. I would have preferred to read something like . . . at one time MWBL existed, but today there are only MWBF and MWBP. Which leads me to the next question, if MWBL is an obsolete version, where do I view its features to compare with MWBP (similar to the web page comparing MWBF and MWBP versions)?

• Root Admin

Hello CurlySue and :welcome:

Yes, both DSolution and NewEgg.com are valid resellers.

We do not directly control the marketing used by these companies but there are more than 2 versions and why you see more than that on at least the DSolution site.

DSolution is an official vendor for the retail CD version and support is provided through them as well and not directly from the Malwarebytes Corporation.

You can find some recent NewEgg promotions from this link: NewEgg - Promo Codes Exclusively for Subscribers! (Promo codes expire 06/03/2013)

At this time the Consumer PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware carries a liftime license. This does not apply to the Business Licensed version.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know.

Thank you

Thank you for your SUPER FAST reply.

A non-Malwarebytes.org website and non-Malwarebytes company selling Malwarebytes product with different name and non-Malwarebytes.org support? Sound convoluted and difficult to believe. But while I accept your answer, I am seriously confused why YOUR company would allow ANOTHER company to sell YOUR product as long as THEY support is INDEPENDENT from YOUR website and forum. VERY CONVOLUTED.

CurlySue

Given the fact that DSolutions is an entity separate from Malwarebytes, it seems reasonable to also conclude that DSolution "can if it wishes" to cease support anytime it wants - this also suggests their version "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime" could easily be terminated resulting in a non-lifetime product (since their product is NOT SUPPORTED by Malwarebytes and NOT SUPPORTED by this website or forum).

Am I wrong here?

Thank again!

CurlySue

• Root Admin

No not quite. We still own the product and all rights. They were available to setup everything involved in selling a retail boxed CD at the time so we partnered with them to sell the retail version. They are a large outfit and also provide all types of other software and computer support so they can typically handle the average support needs for our product as well. If or when they have an issue they contact us directly for support.

So even if DSolution were to go out of business we would honor the current Consumer user lifetime license and provide support.

I agree it can be a bit confusing but as long as you keep a copy of your registration card that comes with the boxed version you'll be good.

If you lose that registration card though then there is no way to look it up and you'd need to provide a receipt for it and typically that can sometimes be trying for some customers as well that have a difficult time organizing records or saving archival information from online purchases.