Adobe Flashplayer 11.7 - Backdoor.Bot

Dator01

I downloaded Adobe Flash version 11.7.700.202 straight from the Adobe website and after running a scan, it says it is a Backdoor.Bot virus. I'm hoping this is a false positive...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.05.29.01

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

mike :: MIKE-PC [administrator]

5/29/2013 1:08:33 AM

MBAM-log-2013-05-29 (01-19-52).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|M:\|)

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 340428

Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 37 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1

E:\my stuff\install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken. [eafbaa6a016b5fd7798c7eb0946d8f71]

(end)

Flashplayer.zip

I downloaded Adobe Flash version 11.7.700.202 straight from the Adobe website

Hello, where exactly did you download this file from? I just visited Adobe's site and it gave me a different 11.7.700.202 file.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers&os=Windows%207&browser_type=Gecko&browser_dist=Firefox&d=McAfee_Security_Scan_Plus_FireFox_Browser&dualoffer=false

Hello, where exactly did you download this file from? I just visited Adobe's site and it gave me a different 11.7.700.202 file.

http://get.adobe.com...dualoffer=false

http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers&os=Vista&browser_type=Gecko&browser_dist=Firefox&d=Google_Drive_FireFox_Browser&dualoffer=false

I also noticed the file name changed. Not sure why.

Thank you for entertaining my curiosity. I didn't find anything particularly wrong with the file you uploaded earlier but unlike typical Adobe files, this one has it's digital signature revoked.

post-2164-0-20602300-1369808463.jpg

To be doubly safe, I advise getting a fresh copy from Adobe again.

I'm probably bringing coals to Newcastle, but I've had Flash Player 11.7.700.202 (Win) (both ActiveX and plug-in versions) in my downloads folder and installed on all 3 of my rigs since it was shipped earlier this month, and it was never hit by MBAM.

I always get my installers here:

http://www.adobe.com...tribution3.html

Kindly excuse my intrusion on this thread if the above info is neither helpful nor relevant, :)

daledoc1

Thank you both for your responses. I'll be sure to get a fresh copy of flash. But would you be confident in saying that this is just an issue with the digital signature and I haven't been infected?

On a side note, do you have any idea why a digital signature would be revoked? Just curious.

would you be confident in saying that this is just an issue with the digital signature and I haven't been infected?

Fairly easy to find out. Do a quick scan with malwarebytes. Even if we may miss the dropper, we'll still hit the fallout. If anything's there, it shall alert you.

On a side note, do you have any idea why a digital signature would be revoked? Just curious.

That's a question that only Adobe can answer. If not mistaken, large corps like that aren't that forthcoming with sharing such information.