A few simple suggestions

Insomniac

As for the 'restricted' settings, which settings are those to change? Could you please detail them? I run it right out of the box so to speak.

Sure, many people have setup multiple sandboxes (Sandboxie Control > Sandbox > Create New Sandbox), each to be used for a different purpose (online banking, browsing, program testing etc.) and each one configured best for that purpose.

For example, my browser sandbox settings for everyday use, I have Internet access restricted to IE, Firefox, Java and WMP (Sandboxie Control > Sandbox Settings > Restrictions > Internet Access).

I also have blocked access to My Documents and D and E Drives (Sandboxie Control > Sandbox Settings > Resource Access > File Access > Block Access).

To be even more secure, you could limit what can start/run in the sandbox, I'm toying with this at the moment. Some may find this setting a little too restrictive for normal use, it may be better suited to a sandbox used solely for online banking for example. See this thread.

There is also the Drop Rights feature.

The links below will explain things better and go into more detail on the different SandboxIE settings.

Sandbox Settings

Restrictions Settings

Resource Access Settings

:D