MBAM blocks Online Armor

deoroller67

I thought you have learned from the past, but it seems that these annoying false positives keep coming back

\Online Armor\oawatch.dll is detected as HOAX.SMS

Thanks Malwarebytes, I think it is more dangerous to use MBAM pro as to get infected by Malware.

I have 3 licences and I wanted to buy 2 more, but now I think I'm gonna uninstall all 3 Versions of MBAM pro.

This was fixed about 2 hours ago. Please update and let me know if futher problems.

Update v2013.05.26.01 fixed it. (As of 15 minutes ago)

The previous version v2013.05.25.09 did not.. (And it didn't update to the "fixed" version until 20 minutes ago.. I know because I was manually hitting the update switch every few minutes :P )

Steve

I dunno Rich.. Computers.. and code.. Go figure.. :) I do know I tried restoring the oawatch.dll more than once from MBAMPro and File Explorer still showed the file in the OA subdirectory with the little quarantine icon imposed on it. In fact, as a side note, even tho' I'm using 1.75 when I right clicked on the quarantined file its properties showed Malwarebytes 1.70 (as the quarantine agent, I guess; I couldn't do a pix capture as when I hit the control key for the capture the mouse click is extinguished.) instead of 1.75

All is well now and OA is peachy-keen again.. (Hey bud; how'd you get stuck with weekend duty?? I used to hate that.. ;) )

Thanks agaiin,

Steve

unfortunately no one av company is immune to these happening

that is true, but it doesn't happen as often as it happens to Malwarebytes

I have been using your Software for Years and I always liked it, but it is getting risky to use it because you always have to be afraid of, which file is getting blocked next.

• Staff

Deoroller67 just to let ya know we have installed a fp server about a month ago. And as we add more and more files to it this will be less and less. We already have ever flavor of supported os that the defs must be tested against along with most of our previous recent false positives. We have already seen a great decrease in file false positives.

Just an FYI on these types of problems; EVERY software company make a boo-boo now and again. McAfee is famous for them. Emsisoft (for which I am a beta tester) got caught with its pants down awhile ago (on a release version definition update).. SuperAntiSpywarePro (whom I never even suspected or have ever been bitten by) kept quarantining SCREENHUNTER as well as two ADOBE files and it drove me crazy as I have both FP programs in my startup and it took me two days to even suspect it or check its quarantine area (yep; there; false positives).. Even big ole M$ keeps tripping over its shoelaces.. about every week or so for years! :P

I've been using computers since my college FORTRAN days back in 1963 and ain't nobody's software perfect! ;)

Steve

• Staff

Just an FYI on these types of problems; EVERY software company make a boo-boo now and again. McAfee is famous for them. Emsisoft (for which I am a beta tester) got caught with its pants down awhile ago (on a release version definition update).. SuperAntiSpywarePro (whom I never even suspected or have ever been bitten by) kept quarantining SCREENHUNTER as well as two ADOBE files and it drove me crazy as I have both FP programs in my startup and it took me two days to even suspect it or check its quarantine area (yep; there; false positives).. Even big ole M$ keeps tripping over its shoelaces.. about every week or so for years! :P

I've been using computers since my college FORTRAN days back in 1963 and ain't nobody's software perfect! ;)

Steve

Thanks for dropping in some words of reality in the situation. And the list of companies who have crushed systems is an arm long. If you were to uninstall every program that had them(f\p's), you'd not be able to run any security software at all.