DOJ ransomware Win 7

Looking good. Please run the following scan to check for any leftovers:

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.

1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  4. Click Start
  5. Make sure that the options Remove found threats is Unchecked and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  6. Click Scan
    Wait for the scan to finish
  7. Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  8. Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

The log got truncated unfortunately. Try either running it again (I really need the full log) or try the following scan instead:

Please run a BitDefender Online scan from Here

• Please check I agree with the Terms and Conditions and click Start Here
  • You will need to allow an Active X install for the scan to run.
  • Leave the scanning options at default and click Start Scan

Please post the results in your next reply.

I have run the ESET online scanner twice now, it is not finding any issues, however there is no logfile being produced.

I also ran the bitdefender online scanner, it is not at the link you provided, however I get redirected to a different link where I can run it. That scan runs in about 20 seconds and finds nothing. However, I don't see a logfile being produced that I can paste in to the reply.

I wouldn't worry. If ESET didn't pick up anything, you should be in the clear (you were also already in pretty good shape judging by your past few logs) ;).

Before we move on, please take the time to install the following updates. Program updates are an important way to keep your computer safe, as outdated applications leave you vulnerable to malware.

xjavaicon.gif.pagespeed.ic.kH_PrtIu2K.jpg Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. NOT supported for use in 9x or ME

Upgrade Java : (64 bits)

• Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) JRE 7 Update 3 .
  • Under the JAVA Platform Standard Edition, click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement.".
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation 64 bit ( jre-7u3-windows-x64.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista or Win 7 users, right click on the jre-7u3-windows-x64.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

-----------------------

Your version of Adobe Reader is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Adobe components and update:

• Download the latest version of Adobe Reader and save it to your desktop.
  • Uncheck the "Free McAfee Security plan Plus" option or any other Toolbar you are offered
  • Click the download button at the bottom.
  • If you use Internet Explorer and do not wish to install the ActiveX element, simply click on the click here to download link on the next page.
  • Remove all older version of Adobe Reader: Go to Add/remove and uninstall all versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat.
    If you are unsure of how to use Add or Remove Programs, the please see this tutorial:How To Remove An Installed Program From Your Computer
  • Then from your desktop double-click on Adobe Reader to install the newest version.
    If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
  • When the "Adobe Setup - Welcome" window opens, click the Install > button.
  • If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!