Hello,

Since a couple of days ago (maybe three days ago tops), I haven't been able to get Malwarebytes working. The problem first arose when there is a pop-up for the database being outdated (by 7 days), to which I clicked it like usual. However, instead of updating the database, I received a pair of error messages.

Run-time error '0'

and also

Product files are missing or corrupt. Please reinstall the product.

PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_RESOURCE (0' date=' 53) [/quote']

After that, MBAM doesn't open and I just receive these two messages, doesn't matter if I click a pop-up from the icon tray or try to run it myself. I tried to uninstall with mbam_clean and reinstall, but the same issue continues.

Hello and :welcome:

Please run the tools below and ATTACH (do not copy and paste) the logs so someone can better assist you.

Please post an mbam-check log:

Create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next reply

Next:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next reply

It appears that all of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's files, folders and registry keys are still in place. Did you run mbam-clean.exe first as requested, then reboot, then run mbam-check? Note that I do not want you to reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware prior to running mbam-check.exe.

Good, now reinstall the program, except this time make certain that you do not install it within your documents (I suspect that's why it isn't working correctly as you've been installing it under C:\Documents and Settings\Martina\My Documents\Programs\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware instead of C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) as illustrated below:

post-2103-0-77258100-1369373389.png

I'll try. But as a note, it did previously work under my documents, so I wouldn't be able to guess why it would stop. (I had it there for years on this computer, before and after I've wiped my computer.)

Let me try to reinstall it and see how it goes though~.

So it happened again. I installed it the same as usual and into the program files instead.

The same cycle has happened (also, I forgot to note last time, but Setup stays on the start bar for some time while the messages just continue to pop up before it finally closes out; and then they still come up for a few seconds).