FBI Moneypak virus, no safe mode

I'm trying to fix my friends laptop with this virus. I've noticed many other members with this virus and the solutions all start with FRST.exe, but I can't find it anywhere. So, where do i begin?

Obviously, I'm posting from a different computer since his is locked, and I can't get into safe mode.

his laptop is running windows 7, but that is all I know about it.

Thanks.

Hello

Thank you for the quick reply. I researched virtually everything on the Available Assistance page, but to no avail.

I did, however, find the FRST.exe file, but when I went to run it I found that the laptop battery was dead. I'm now waiting for my friend to bring me the charger. Will post back asap.

• Root Admin

I don't think you read it all the way as it does not ask you to find or run anything like that. It asks you to either seek help in our HJT forum by running DDS and posting a log in the proper forum.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org//index.php?showtopic=9573

Or contacting the Help Desk. Please re-read the link and in most cases user start a new topic in the HJT forum and post their DDS logs.

Thanks