New version ready to install

I downloaded McAfee antivirus back in March - it was not working so McAfee told me to remove malwarebytes, which I did. I ended up removing the McAfee software and re-installed malwarebytes; however, whenever I turn my computer on, I get a message stating a new version is ready to install. It is already installed - how do I get rid of this message? Thanks for any help you can offer -

Hello and welcome, cafero99: :)

First, you mention that you replaced McAfee with MBAM.

Please note, MBAM is an anti-malware application designed to run alongside a standard AV, not to replace it: Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

So, if you haven't already done so, you'll definitely need to select any one of several excellent free or paid AVs to install and run in real-time on your system, as the primary security application.

MBAM PRO is designed and tested to run with all of the popular AVs.

On some systems, with some AVs, some users find it helpful to set mutual exclusions between their AV and MBAM PRO; we can assist you with that.

Until an MBAM staffer arrives....

As far as the prompts to update the program, it's not clear without a bit more info.

Are you sure you are running version 1.75.0.1300?

The simplest way to start might be do a clean reinstall, following the steps described in this pinned topic here: MBAM Clean Removal Process.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, then please follow the instructions below to run mbam-check, and post back with the resulting CheckResults.txt log attached to your next reply.

HTH,

daledoc1

-----------------------

Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.

Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.

Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs